• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elderly girl bun wanted

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I had to have my beloved Sh*tty put to sleep last week. :cry: Thankfully it was very peaceful, the vet came out to my house to do it in familiar surroundings, and I stroked her as she drifted off.

Her companion Winston is now on his own, and is very sad and withdrawn.

I would love to get an elderly female friend for him, but I've searched RR and can't find anybun remotely suitable.

She preferably needs to be 6+ years old, with a calm disposition, and friendly to male rabbits. Winston is a lovely gentle old man of about 10 years of age. He loves everybody equally, he really hasn't got a mean bone in his body.

Does anybody know of anybun suitable?

Amy

Have you tried calling your local rescues? Most only put a small portion of their bunnies on RR :)

Thank you to everybody for the kind words.

I think phoning around local rescues will have to be my next step.

I was going to bond Winston to my new bunny Lily, but she died last night from a seizure (god it gets worse doesn't it :roll: ). Nobun's died here for about 4 years, then 2 in 4 days :cry:

None of my other girls are really suitable because they are too young and lively, or already in a pair.

Hey, sorry to hear that Sh*tty has passed:(

I rehomed a 4 year old from Kirkby last week, she is local to you and has LOTS of buns of all ages.

Please give them a call and see if they have a suitable girly :)

01623 753883

Hey, sorry to hear that Sh*tty has passed:(

I rehomed a 4 year old from Kirkby last week, she is local to you and has LOTS of buns of all ages.

Please give them a call and see if they have a suitable girly :)

01623 753883

Good idea Leanne

I know you rehomed a Kirkby bunny....I met you at Stanstead ;) :lol:

Good idea Leanne

I know you rehomed a Kirkby bunny....I met you at Stanstead ;) :lol:

Hahaha!!!! I didn't look at who was posting the thread!!!:oops: :lol: Im so rubbish! I often do that, read a thread and respond without even knowing who im talking too!:lol:

Did you find a female yet? We had a neglected 5 year old female in today, she's black and white and was the usual stuck in a box down the garden. Seems healthy other than having overgrown nails and a bum absolutely cover in s:censored: which is sore at the moment. Let me know if you would like more info :D

More info would be great Lucy :D

I'm ideally looking for an older doe, but I would certainly consider her if she's calm, friendly and would make a good house rabbit. Do you rehome to Nottingham?

I have 9 (yes 9 :shock: ) rabbits coming on Sunday, so poor old Winston might have to wait a few weeks for his new g/f :( .

Amy

Hi

When she was collected the Inspector was under the impression she was about 5 so I have no reason to doubt that at the moment. I will get some updated info from the foster carer and let you know more abut her and get a piccie as well.

We do rehome to Nottingham as long as you don't mind coming to collect her? We can get a local home visitor to come see you.

We haven't yet decided yet if we are going to have her spayed due to her age. It seems a little pointless at 5 and I don't want to lose her for the sake of doing it.

|Here is Jessie, she is quite obviously a dutch and her lovely character is now coming out. This is what her fosterer said about her;

Jessie is looking a lot better now, we had to cut most of the fur off
her tail and some off her bottom but she sat lovely while we did it.
She is a very friendly rabbit who is used to being handled and loves
lots of attention. She sat still while Zoe stroked her and even let
Jamie stroke her through the run. She is not shy now that she knows that
she is not in any danger and quite willing follows you about to be
stroked. Jessie is quite frisky with both Bugsy and Sooty even though
neither of them were bothered with her. She is quite chunky around the
middle and has pulled alot of her fur out to make a nest. If it was
not for the fact that she was on her own i may have thought she was
pregnant, maybe it is just a phantom pregnancy, hope so!

Just to clarify, the information we have is that she was an only rabbit in a small hutch so the chances of pregnancy would be exceptionally low :lol: Maybe this is because she has sensed a male in the area? Anyhow, no babies coming forth at this stage we hope! She has seen the vet and he felt nothing so thats also a good sign.

jessie1qj6.jpg

Last edited:
Back