• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need advice ....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Apparently ive been reported to the environmental health because my bunnys make to much noise :shock: :shock: thet were impressed with my set up and have strongly advised me to become a registered charity because whoever it is that keep reporting me :evil: :evil: could go to the licensing people and if they were to come i could be prosecuted because the bunnies are apparently bringing in an income :shock: :shock: even though i can prove where all the money goes etc
does anyone know who i get in touch with to set the wheels in motion to become registered
is it easy to do
any advice would really be appreciated
I dont think things could get any worse for me right now :(

I'm sorry - I have no idea how you go about being registered, but I did see a topic the other day asking the same thing. I'll go and have a look... Might be something useful there.

But I really don't understand how rabbits can be too noisy. :roll: I'm having to fight an urge to smile at that... D'you have any really obnoxious neighbours who are doing this reporting and looking for any excuse to complain?

how much noise do bunnies make apart from the occasional thump of the feet!?

this makes me sick I reported my neighbour last year for noise and nothing was done about it because I was the only one to report it.

loud music, so loud my doors rattled, and constant revving of both a car and a motorbike sometimes as late as midnight :evil:

stupid neighbour of yours must be :censored:

ooohhhh yeah.... MY neighbours rabbits keep me up all night long... all that thumping and eating hay, and drinking, and sleeping- they make a right ruckus!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a :censored: or a neighbour you have!!!!

Not a clue how to get registered, but Dustbunny and I send you our ((hugs))

i need advice ....

someone has definetly got it in for me :shock: it was an anonymus complaint so no idea who it is i just wish if someone had a problem with me they,d talk to me first to see if it could be resolved im not an ogre :lol: i think im quite approachable ;)

jesus, the audasity of some people. my neighbours have dogs and they bark. should i report them?
Idiotic aren't they.

and as for the charity im not sure soorrryyy xxx

Not really sure how becoming a registered charity would effect how complaints about your Rescue to EH are handled :?
I would have thought that if you suspect malicious complaints are being made to certain agencies you pre-empt further trouble by putting your concerns in writing to the agencies you feel the 'malicious complainant' will approach

Janex

i need advice ....

environmental health said that if i was registered then not only would it protect me but also protect the rescue she said if i dont become registered i would need a pet licence because money is exchanging hands even tho its donations too technical for me really :oops: but i dont want any trouble i just wish whoever it was would leave me be

I did read somewhere that a donation has to be totally voluntary (i.e. you can suggest an amount but they don't have to give it), don't know how this affects all the rescues that have a minimum donation. Like you said, money is exchanging hands so it could be classed as selling animals :?

but this doesn't answer the complaint by your neighbour. I thought people could still complain about the noise even from a rescue? its horrid of them to do that when your helping these bunnies but you know what people are like x

xx

I think the concern is that if the noise complaint doesn't go anywhere (doesn't sound like it will from what EH have said) then they may try to be vindictive through other methods, e.g. making them apply for a petshop license or something silly

Hardly any of the small independent animal rescues are registered charities...
it is nonsense that you have to become one....it is also a lot of paperwork:shock: ...

you should register as a non-profit making business..keep accounts..and if you have members of the public regularly on your property ..public liability insurance is a good idea .

The council can impose restrictions on parking/etc. whether you are registered as a charity or not...it makes no difference.
Again neighbours can complain whether you are a charity or not..so best to deal with the complaints they are making.....could try talking to them or..
Would be better to perhaps print a few flyers off explaining what you do and why..and the numbers you restrict yourself to..cleaning regime etc..and post them through neighbours doors..might get a bit more sympathy for you
Good luck :D

Last edited:
Back