• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Pet shop were so rude!

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Mum just phoned the pet shop that sold us Hattie to tell them that she is a female and has had babies, after they sold her to us as a male. The person said that they know my mum is angry but he's lost out on all that money, they are worth £50 each, they are his rabbits. He told us to put them in the car and bring them back. My mum got so annoyed:? She said they are our rabbits and we arent bringing them back, we can't move 3 day old babies. I can't believe they didnt even apologise!! We asked for a male, they said that Hattie was definatly male and now two weeks later she has babies. How many other customers will have the same thing happen to them?

Aww how awful :evil: Lucky Hattie's babies landed with you if that's his attitude - I hope you manage to find them good, caring homes - or are you going to keep them? :p

What a CHEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

He doesn't DESERVE to have bunnies.......WHY is it some people just see them for what they can try to GET out of them?????:censored: :censored:

And sorry......but as your Mum purchased Hattie, she legally also purchased her unborn babies.......so that moron can sling his hook!!!!!:evil:

Hope you find lovely homes for them......IF you don't KEEP them!!!!!;) :p :lol:

If I was you I'd report him to the local environmental health. These are the people that issue the license to enable pet shops to sell live stock.

Fire off a letter or give them a call. Please do not do nothing:D

That is awful. As others have said, apart from the cruelty of it, those babies certainly don't belong to him.

Surely he has no right to either mother or babies anymore.

Seems like he's just looking for a way to 'fix' his own mistake, and make money at the same time. But, as you've pointed out, babies shouldn't be moved at the moment anyway. So he's also a fool. :) Don't give him either mother or babies back!

You should ask to speak to a manager and explain the incompetance of the pr*t you spoke to

How dare he ask for them back, i would explain that since the rabbit he supposedly sold was a male then he has no claim on a female rabbit. Actally i would wind them up even more and say 'no you can't have them back, i've secured homes for them all and got £75 per bun'

That'd be funny:D

Stupid idiot!!!

Good for you, standing up to this fool!

Tell him you'll sell the babies to him for £100 each! That will shut him up! :censored: (even though you've no intention!).

Obviously, they are better off with you!

xxx

I would imagine that the person spoken to *was* the manager of the shop, since it was 'his' money he said he was losing. Therefore, there's really no point in complaining to the shop directly in my view.

And some people still wonder why pet shops that sell animals dont have a good reputation???? :evil:

Thank goodness you bought her and the babies are not with that money orientated moron! :censored:

what an idiot, they are definately better off with you, if he does not know the difference between a male and female rabbit and not too move newborn babies, he shouldnt even be looking after the animals, it is obviously just a money thing for thim. good luck with the babies. :wave:

I deffinately agree that he should be reported to somebody, not sure which organiztion as I'm not up on that sort of thing. As others said he is obviously only interested in one thing... £££
It's unfortunate but I bet this type of thing happens all the time :cry: I hope you manage to find good homes for them if you're not keeping them yourself. They are deffinaltey better off with you than with him.
I think he needs telling and educating, but don't tell him you sold them for more than he would have done, that would just make him think that his attitude is normal and acceptable which it certainly isn't.

What ever you do DO NOT give the babies to them for any reason!!!!!
You can find homes for them easy if you don't keep them.

We certainly aint giving Hattie back. We are hoping she has a few females in the litter and that they can stay with her and we will either give males to friends or family or keep them.:) The person my mum spoke to owned the shop with his wife, so we can't really do anything about that:( My mum says if he phones back she will go to the shop and punch him:lol:

I've named one of the babies already. Meet Violet
violet.jpg

I hoping that we can keep this one even if its a male. My adult rabbits Greg and Hazel-Rah have been booked in for neutering and the vet said he is willing to spay Hattie in 3 months.

We certainly aint giving Hattie back. We are hoping she has a few females in the litter and that they can stay with her and we will either give males to friends or family or keep them.:) The person my mum spoke to owned the shop with his wife, so we can't really do anything about that:( My mum says if he phones back she will go to the shop and punch him:lol:

I've named one of the babies already. Meet Violet
violet.jpg

I hoping that we can keep this one even if its a male. My adult rabbits Greg and Hazel-Rah have been booked in for neutering and the vet said he is willing to spay Hattie in 3 months.

Awww Violet is very sweet, and kinda purple... as the name suggests! :D

The mother is a continental cross dwarf lop. So she shouldnt cost that much i know, but when we meet her we just had to buy her. I had a pure french lop a few years ago and she only cost £40, plus i had two pure lionheads for £40. So far Hattie has been the most expensive and she is a cross:? But we love her and her babies, so shes worth every penny:D

Violet

what a sweetie!!! the pet shop owner is disgusting. i dread to think how he treats the other animals in the shop

Back