• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice required... to rearguard or not to rearguard

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
Yesterday i found these little :evil: near the benjamins fur where his bum were.

STA72081.jpg

I am inclined to think they are fly eggs - thanks to my other thread - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=96073.

I do not use rearguard at present, but i am now so paranoid that i think i might. I am worried though, as i know that its not good for them is it? If they clean themselves they will end up ingesting it... but i also dont want them to get flies in their bum. Dilemma. Need some advice on this. :(

Oh and litter trays do get cleaned daily... and bum checks are daily too without fail.

I can't see what you mean in that photo :oops: ....fly eggs kind of look like tiny grains of yellowy rice. I can't open that link on this computer.

Does the Benjamin have any problems cleaning himself etc? If he is quite healthy then I think I would probably not use rearguard and continue with checking them twice a day. Not sure everyone would agree though :?

I think you can get some spray to deter flies from going near their hutches? And some people put a piece of net curtain over the run or mesh.

The benjamin is very healthy, not overweight or anything and has a very very clean bum... thats why i dont understand. Ive been looking at pinworm on the internet and it looks very much like that so i think its worms now. I am going to start checking twice a day from now on. I am so paranoid. They are all getting panacur today.

ewww that was nice while I had my breakfast :shock: :lol: As for rearguard, I've done all my rabbits except fudge who is a house bunny and twinkle who's never had so much as a slightly soft poo!!! I probably would have done her too just to be on the safe side had i not ran out of it though!!! I can't remember how long it lasts though? :?

Back