• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New home for bunnies

Kellyum

New Kit
We have at last built our new bunny cage - the buns really seem to like it!
Although Danzig gave me such a fright today when he was lying on the top level and rolled over "playing dead" then fell off! He caught himself on time and landed on the ramp on his feet. Modifications are in process...
04-07-07_2053.jpg

05-07-07_1803.jpg

That looks fantastic Kelly!! Can't wait to come see it.

We're thinking of keeping Joey as a house bunny and building him a run out of those so he's not stuck in his cage when we are at work.

Good idea! I've been leaving the living room lamp on for the buns to make sure they remember they're in the new cage! Alison was here when Danzig fell - I thought i was going to cry but he's fine, just jumped straight back up and then lay at the same spot - we have some cardboard covering the hole but stephen says he'll fix something up when he's back from t in the park...Good news about Skye and Leo :D
x

Good idea! I've been leaving the living room lamp on for the buns to make sure they remember they're in the new cage! Alison was here when Danzig fell - I thought i was going to cry but he's fine, just jumped straight back up and then lay at the same spot - we have some cardboard covering the hole but stephen says he'll fix something up when he's back from t in the park...Good news about Skye and Leo :D
x

Glad he's ok. Bet he got a fright too!

..... not so good news about Skye and Leo. They had a major fight and I split them up about an hour and a half a go. Leo was humping Skye and she was letting him do it but he was doing it again and again and again and she got really :censored: off with him and she went for him. There was fur everywhere! They are both in their seperate cages for the night. :(

Oh no - after them getting on so well for a while...
Hopefully she forgives him soon and lets him do the deed again without attacking him x

Oh no - after them getting on so well for a while...
Hopefully she forgives him soon and lets him do the deed again without attacking him x

I know. That's what I'm hoping for too. Although I really thought that Skye would be the dominant one and not Leo, he's always been really gentle and quiet whereas Skye is the boisterous clumsy one.

Wow that is a great set up :D, I am hoping to make something along those lines, so can I ask a fwe Q's :rabbit2:

where do you get your grids from and roughly how many does it take ?
How do you make the ramps/levels, and is it you use to cover them ?

Back