• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my Rabbit is now making progress with me

Hi all.

my bunny is now making progress with me in that she is now allowing me to stroke her fur again a little more today. than last week just gone .
and she is not shudering at me every time i stroke her body now either. i tryed to stroke her head today and yesterday and she shuded then and got up after laying down on the floor on the carpet after i had stroked her their .
but i think she will stay laying down avencherly i don't think she did liked being stroked on the head any way but you could brush her head as she would let you do that.

I do have a current prob with her and that is she's moulting her fur off i don't know if it's the anual moult or what ?
but it's moulting off her head she look's like she's got a fluff ball on top of her head.

i say it's sort of speding up the reteaching process to get her use to me again.
as she is chin rubbing me now and has licked my slipers again which is a start from her beeing friendly to me again .

their was a slight bite again from her and a growl from her yesterday. when my mum picked her up and tryed to put her on my lap so i could try to brush her like this. but poppy took this the wrong way being put on my lap. the wrong way and instead of biting my mum and growling at her. she took it out on me instead .
so i ened up getting biten again on the underside of my hand was where she got me yesterday .

my rabbit now wants to come out so I will have to tell you more tomorrow ok by for now.

Aww - I'm sure she'll settle down again in a few weeks - Well done for being patient with her - hope your hand feels better soon meanwhile :)

to help with grooming, groom her on the floor rather than your lap, let her sniff the brush so she knows it's not harmfull then distract with a large spring green leaf. Hopefully she'll munch on that whilst you groom.

Back