• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay troubles!!! advice required

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
my little wild bunny spudsy is being fussy. I have spent a fortune on hays and feel like I have really wasted my money as it is all in the downstairs cupboard having not been eaten.

She loves supa rabbit excel forage though one bag of this was completly different to the bright green forage that she likes so this is uneaten.

I also tried some timothy hay - not eaten.

Then got a sample pack of different hays from the hayexperts. noted she liked the oat hay, orchard grass and devon meadow hay.

as I had to get some other bits I used bunny basics and got some of their oat hay and ruffstuff. She doesn't like either!!!

my o/h will have a fit if I buy anymore hay, says if shes hungry she'll eat whats given to her! me on the other hand see a little baby bun who needs to have what she likes!

or should I just give in and just give her supa rabbit excel forage forever more????

Pringle doesnt eat any hay either, i have given up, if hes not going to eat it i cant force him:?
he likes grass though - which helps his teeth,
the one your bun likes you could mix it with some he/she doesnt like, you could also still put the others in her hutch as she will use it for a bed and might nibble some throughout the day x

Have tried mixing some of it with her favourite but she just pushes it out of her bowl!!!

Thats the only thing I thought to do was to use as bedding, though o/h isn't too impressed!!! :lol:

I'm having trouble with a dental foster bun - I got a sample from the hay experts too and also someone on here sent me some dust free hay to try. He tries a bit of all the fancy hays [but won't touch the normal hay I have for my buns] but he has such trouble eating it :( His poos are so dark compared to my buns and his brother :-/ I've started giving him a probiotic that has fibre in it to help his movements as I'm really concerned he'll get blocked up as he mostly eats pellets :(

Slowly introducing veg to him but it's such a slow process!

I'm having trouble with a dental foster bun - I got a sample from the hay experts too and also someone on here sent me some dust free hay to try. He tries a bit of all the fancy hays [but won't touch the normal hay I have for my buns] but he has such trouble eating it :( His poos are so dark compared to my buns and his brother :-/ I've started giving him a probiotic that has fibre in it to help his movements as I'm really concerned he'll get blocked up as he mostly eats pellets :(

Slowly introducing veg to him but it's such a slow process!

Has he got access to grass for his teeth? x

Have tried mixing some of it with her favourite but she just pushes it out of her bowl!!!

Thats the only thing I thought to do was to use as bedding, though o/h isn't too impressed!!! :lol:

Dont worry i have the same problem:lol: hes not eating it for two years so doubt he will start now:roll:

think I can start introducing veg to spudsy now...she was eating grass and dandelion leaves weeks ago, but was advised to wait until she was 12 weeks old so stopped.

what veg have you introduced so far?

Back