• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

non sticky- sticky floor tiles!

Maizy

Mama Doe
Came home from Hampton Court Friday to find o/h had worked like a Trojan all day building the new rabbit hutches.:D :D . He'd even lined them with the floor tiles we've used in all the hutches. :D Problem is went out yesterday and they'd all dropped off:shock: :shock: :evil: Dutifully stuck them all back, but they've dropped off today (heat maybe??:roll: ). I need to put them back up, but, am mindful about adhesives, in case the bunnies chew at some stage. :( Has anyone used a safe and reliable adhesive in their hutches and can recommend something?

Homemade Glue Recipe
This is a very basic glue but works. Simply mix water and flour together until you have a paste that is the consistency of pancake batter. Heat on low for 5 minutes. You can add color (food coloring) or flavors to it.

This recipe is non-toxic but it does take awhile to dry.

Here is another Glue Recipe

1 cup tapioca starch
4 Tablespoons of sugar
2 cups of cold water

Mix starch, water and sugar in a sauce pan until all ingredients are dissolved. Stir over medium heat until it forms a paste. This mixture should be stored in an airtight container that just fits the amount that you have left.

Let us know how it goes?:D

Thank you By-Tor, do you know if this will work on a surface that is already sticky? ( the floor tiles are those self adhesive ones) so they feel sticky, just don't stay stuck!:shock: :shock: :lol:

I wonder if those glue recipies would go mouldy outside where it's damp though?

I would use sheet vinyl rather than tiles, and put a batten all the way around the edge to stop them pulling it up and eating it - which isn't much help is it - sorry! That heavy duty carpet tape would stick them down maybe?

Back