• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whiskers

theresa

Warren Veteran
any-one got a clue why someone would cut the whiskers off a rex rabbit, tried and tried but i cant understand it.:shock:

what i thought, cant be nicefor a bun to go through either, but a friend of mine has taken a five month doe in , her whiskers have been cut real short, her old owner said some-thing about them being to long. ive had rex for years and my rexes whiskers are curly not exactly long

Sadly, they remove the whiskers..... and I believe the eyebrow whiskers as well...... from Rex rabbits to show them.....it supposedly gives them a 'cleaner outline'.:shock: :shock: To make matters even WORSE, most people who show PULL them out instead of cutting them!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil:

O...k? That sounds crazy:shock:
I would never do that to my Sasuke, and I don't think any other norwegian show-breeder would either, if so I've never heard of it.

i wonder would she feel off balance, the bun is young and not surprisingly a wee bit on the narky side, shes not been shown as shes not rung,or no outline of a past ring. just couldnt work it out

I just can't even IMAGINE actually doing it!!!!!:shock: But I have actually seen someone do it, and I actually shrieked!:oops: :oops: But the man (who not only breeds Rexes but is also a judge) told me that 'it doesn't bother them' !:? I was overwhelmed by the urge to pull some of HIS hair out and then ask if it bothered HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

But I have actually seen someone do it, and I actually shrieked!:oops: :oops: But the man (who not only breeds Rexes but is also a judge) told me that 'it doesn't bother them' !:? I was overwhelmed by the urge to pull some of HIS hair out and then ask if it bothered HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

I think I would have grabbed a chunk of his nasal hair and yanked that out!!!:evil:

my boyfriends brother cut the wiskers off their pet cat when he was 4. Hi mum had just given him a hair cut and he didn't want his puss to feel left out. Poor cat kept bumping into things at night and kept waking the whole family up.

Sadly, they remove the whiskers..... and I believe the eyebrow whiskers as well...... from Rex rabbits to show them.....it supposedly gives them a 'cleaner outline'.
How utterly, utterly stupid :evil: It beggars belief that yet again humans judge an animal on their interpretation of aesthetics rather than what is natural for the animal :censored: :evil:

it just got worse on the weekend i feel like hell, not only do i have to deal with whisker cutting morons, i got a phone call can you come and cut our rabbits claws, shes having trouble walking, not wanting to leave anybun in a state i turned up, to a bun that cant walk alright , caked in p stains and very distressed. im near to tears, cant deal with this ****. rushed bun to emergency vets. where she was pts. asked how long bun was in this state they dont know. what does this tell you. and i foot the bill and the heartache. i cuddled her to the end though, kept telling her i was there, just doesnt seem enough does it

i'm going to cry.

that is pathetic and disgusting, not to mention inhumane.

i hope said rabbit didn't have to suffer very long, but considering the condition she was in, it might have been so...

really, i'm about to cry.

sickening...

the thing thats most upsetting is i tell every-one i know if u need my help any-time. im here. ive travelled late to a friends the other year when her doe had bloat, we worked it out together,. cant understand it.

Back