• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bramble leaves

luvabun

Warren Veteran
I've read these are good for bunnies especially for intestine problems.... are these the leaves that look very similar to blackberry leaves but spread on the floor? If so I have a good supply in my garden and can try Spike with those

As far as I know Bramble IS Blackberry. Dont know about the stuff growing on the floor though, Brambles/Blackberry plants are bushes.

Ditto.
I thought bramble was blackberry... The brambles in my garden sort of shoot off all over the place, but if given the chance they will and do produce blackberries. I've given my rabbit the newest green leaves on these and he loves them, and has never shown any ill effects. :)

Yes blackberries are brambles and they often creep along the ground if there's not enough support from other plants or each other to create a tangle to grow upwards.

I grow loads of these together with dandielions (not a brilliant gardener for other stuff!) but the buns love 'em - often wondered about the prickly underside to the leaves, but it doesn't seem to be a problem - all my buns have eaten them.

Yes blackberries are brambles and they often creep along the ground if there's not enough support from other plants or each other to create a tangle to grow upwards.

yup, when we moved to our old house (the garden was a little overgrown) I started pulling on a bramble which ended up snaking 4 or 5 meters across the lawn till I got to another bush...

Back