• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Day? UPDATE PICS

capel

Warren Veteran
Barney and Cuba are now on their way home with Amanda in one carrier!!:D
Amanda arrived with Cuba at 8.30this morning. I'd been up since 6 and hung on till just after 7.30 before texting her to say we were up and about if she wanted to come earlier than planned. If I'd known she'd also been awake by 6 I'd have phoned earlier!!. Anyway, we put them both out in the run together and after a bit of frantic chasing around, the ysettled down at opposite ends of the run. No growling, nipping or thumping from either..just Barney chasing around after her and Cuba keeping out of his way. Within 10 mins or so both were grazing, though still keeping an eye on the other. Every now and then Barney would try to sneak up on her..but he's not the most subtle boy in the world, and her alert system was obviously cranked up to max power so she was always able to pre-empt the strike!! After an hour the chasing seemed different..calmer and at some points both were lying down within a few inches of each other..though Cuba made sure she had her exit route planned!! I've got some photos downloading onto photobucket(which is so slow at the moment, as well as some short vid clips of them. As soon as I can I'll put them on here.

Last edited:
I can now confirm that the bonding is still going well although not best pals yet, still some controlled chasing but both are still grooming and grazing near by. I have to give them some space now and leave them to it, i must not keep distracting them :oops:
I will update if anything happens but I think Barney is due for a snooze because he looks shattered.. poor lad. Im so chuffed iv got him though and would like to say a huge thank you to Hilda for being fab :D

Bye for now x

photos

I thought I'd stick a few photos on here for now. When I've sorted and downloaded the rest I'll start another thread in Stories and Photos. The vid clips will go on there too.
Ok, so what do I do next mum? She just keeps running off!
DSC02218.jpg

DSC02236.jpg

Here's one where both started grooming during a lull in the initial chasing
DSC02234.jpg

and an action shot!
DSC02238.jpg

Nothing much has changed on the bonding front, they both still seem happy and relaxed :) Before I put them in the cage I was thinking of taking them in the car again to try and force them together, what do you think? And then maybe some hoovering when theyre in the cage? Well iv got to do some house work today :lol:

They are on the Stories and Photos section. Only short ones though as they were done on the camera .

Just an update on the buns this morning!
Had a quiet night, they stayed one upstairs and one downstairs, but before they did that cuba went to lay with barney nose to nose, then she put her head down to him as if gesturing him to groom her, dont know if thats what she meant but he didnt, i think he was too shattered!
This morning things are a bit lively again, still no aggression, just barney stomping around, think hes just getting used to his new environment, must be a big shock for him, new home and girlfriend to go with it!
Cuba however is still running away, they were up and down the stairs like a yo-yo so iv let them out for a bit. Barney also ate his own breakfast, went upstairs, chased cuba down and then finished off hers! Men, no consideration have they :lol:
Im going to put them out in the run again in a bit, might try them in the car a bit later too, but I think things are going well, im hesitant to say it but fingers crossed. They're both getting plenty of excercise anyway, running after each other :lol:

Update more later :wave:

DSC00179.jpg

Cuba is grooming Barney :D :D :D :D :D
Its finally happened, they are in love :love: :love: :love: :love:
Im very suprised that Cuba is not dominant, poor love keeps grooming him and then waiting... and waiting! Typical man wany all the pleasure themselves, but they look very happy :D

They are also movning house! we have finished our new bathroom today so they are going with cage in the new bathroom with the outdoor area too, watch this space ill put a pic on later :D

Cuba and Barneys new accomodation
DSC00180.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

The will now have free run of this area! How exciting :D :D
:wave:

Back