• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh and Megazorb!

emilyarc

Warren Scout
Is there a difference between carefresh and Megazorb?
I am using some carefresh that Janice kindly let me try and i would like to continue using it. But as it comes in small bags i was thinking of just ordering a big bag of Megazorb. Is this ok?
Where is the cheapest place to get megazorb?
Thanks

Megazorb is a bit smaller pieces and lighter (in colour) than Carefresh, and I found it a bit dustier. The last few sacks I had had a horrible smell to them too so I stopped buying it.
If you can find a horse supplier locally that stocks it or can order it in you'll save on postage
http://www.megazorb.co.uk/suppliers.htm

Megazorb is cheaper but it stinks :lol: I use Megazorb outside and Carefresh for indoor litter trays. I used in inside once and my mum came home like ewww what is that smell :lol:

As mine are indoor bunnies i think i will have to stick with carefresh even though it will be more expensive! I do not want a smell in my room!

I have a very sensitive nose, and have come across far stinkier things than Megazorb! Hemcore - now that's a stinky one! :shock: I've noticed recently that Megazorb seems to have gone back to how it was before actually - a bit less smelly, for those who haven't used it recently.

I think it depends on where you get it maybe, I have brought a couple of bags that are not really smelly but some of them just stink. I keep it in the shed and it just stinks the second you open the door :lol: I can only get it from a couple of stables here and I dont know if its stored close to the horses but it smells really bad of horse poo :oops: Like one litter tray stinks the living room out :lol:

I used to get it from Bunnybasics so I can't imagine them storing it anywhere near horse poo! :lol: Perhaps someone with a recent bag would be able to send you a small amount to try?

I used to get it from Bunnybasics so I can't imagine them storing it anywhere near horse poo! :lol: Perhaps someone with a recent bag would be able to send you a small amount to try?

Im getting ot from stables though, so I would have thought thats why mine smells :lol: I have had a few bags that dont smell that much but they were ones I had gone to collect on the days they were expecting some in so I guess they werent sitting around there too long so I know it doesnt always smell :D

I use megazorb and haven't found it smells much different from Carefresh. When my two were indoors during the winter I didn't notice much smell from it at all. I'm more than happy to send some down to you in a jiffy bag to try.:)

I use megazorb and haven't found it smells much different from Carefresh. When my two were indoors during the winter I didn't notice much smell from it at all. I'm more than happy to send some down to you in a jiffy bag to try.:)

Thanks Capel, I have just actually called some pet shops to see if they stock it and found one :D I said didnt realise they sold it and she said they dont actually keep it in the shop its in the shed out the back so I hadnt thought to ask :lol: Im off to find the place in a minute :lol: Thanks though thats really sweet :D x

Last edited:

Would you really? That is so nice of you! If you can that would be absolutely GREAT! If you can't though, don't worry. Just PM me! Thankyou!

Thanks Capel, I have just actually called some pet shops to see if they stock it and found one :D I said didnt realise they sold it and she said they dont actually keep it in the shop its in the shed out the back so I hadnt thought to ask :lol: Im off to find the place in a minute :lol: Thanks though thats really sweet :D x

Im such an idiot :lol: I didnt read your post properly capel :oops: :lol:

Hiya

do you find carefresh or megazorb sticks to your bunnies feet? Have been using sawdust which does and as you can imagine gets all over the carpet. Would love to find a better alternative.

Where is a local outlet in Richmond upon Thames

There's a list on the link I posted on page one :)

sillyrabbit said:
Im getting ot from stables though, so I would have thought thats why mine smells I have had a few bags that dont smell that much but they were ones I had gone to collect on the days they were expecting some in so I guess they werent sitting around there too long so I know it doesnt always smell

I just meant that the ones I got that smelt were from Bunnybasics so I don't think it's necessarily from being near horses

Hiya

do you find carefresh or megazorb sticks to your bunnies feet? Have been using sawdust which does and as you can imagine gets all over the carpet. Would love to find a better alternative.

At the moment i have only tried carefresh. It's excellent i think it doesnt stick to their feet at all.

Back