• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can i buy cage stands?

matt m

Young Bun
Does anyone know where you can buy cage stands online? I've tried looking but it seems almost all places only sell them with the cage.

I don't think it will be possible to get one specifically for my make of cage, but am hoping i can get one that is the right size.

Any ideas?

To be honest most of the cages that come on stands (or that will fit on the stands available) are too small for rabbits anyway. What cage do you have?

The cage is 5ft long, and i'm not quite sure how big in width but i guess 3ft.

The cage is mainly used as a base only - they are more or less going to be free range bunnies but as they are so young and quite skittish at the moment, i'm taking things slowly. Also hoping they take to the litter box lol.

You probs can't get stands online then. No probs. I'm not actually sure what the cage is called because it doesn't have a name printed on it anywhere and there wasn't a name on it in the pet shop, but we were told that it was made by their manufaturer. I think it was called barkers something (the pet store is called barkers pets).

Thanks anyway :)

If they're young and skittish you're probably better keeping their cage low down as buns aren't keen on heights. I can see the benefit of having them more at eye-level but as buns in the wild live in warrens I don't think they'd be too keen on a raised cage

Actually i thought it might help that, because i always seem higher to them?

I don't know about rabbits but when I had indoor guineapigs they much preferred to be raised then, as you say, you're not looming over them. It made them nervous to be on the floor.

Back