• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Accidental bonding o_O

Jocelyn

Mama Doe
I woke up this morning to discover Kitten had managed to get out of her pen [I have absolutely NO idea how! I've checked and checked and checked again, she must be a magic bunny O_O]. As Shadow is always out when I'm here, they inevitably met..

I was fairly certain they'd be ok together but I wanted to wait until she was spayed to bond them as I've not bonded bunnies before and I wanted it to go as smoothly as possible!

So I wake up this morning and they're lying next to each other looking at me going 'what?'

I would have woken up if anything started happening and I've checked both of them and there's not even been any fur flying. They've been squabbling a tiny bit over who should be grooming who this morning but nothing serious :lol:

o_O is it ok to leave them together even though Kitten isn't spayed? Shadow has been neuered for 3 months now so he's safe :)

Bless! Unspayed does can be bonded so if they're happy enough I'd be inclined to leave them and just make sure you keep them together when she's spayed (unless he bothers her excessively as she'll obviously have had quite a big surgical procedure for a bun)

Awww - lucky you :D She can stay with him post-spay too, so long as he's gentle and not humping her or chasing her - best if you take him too when she's done, or she will smell of vets when she gets back and he may get cross. Sounds like the perfect match :p

Bless! Unspayed does can be bonded so if they're happy enough I'd be inclined to leave them and just make sure you keep them together when she's spayed (unless he bothers her excessively as she'll obviously have had quite a big surgical procedure for a bun)

Arr, excellent! I'll keep an eye on them just in case but they seem perfectly happy being with each other :)

Cool, I will do that when she gets spayed - probably won't be for a few months yet as she's such a petite bun :love:

Exactly the same thing happened to me :shock: Buu got out of the kitchen while I was in the shower and into the living room with Beau and when I came downstairs they were cuddling and grooming :D Beau was neutered and Buu hadnt been spayed at that point and they got on fine :D

Unfortunatly I was really stupid and seperated them after a few days because their new hutch still hadnt arrived and we had relatives coming to stay so they couldnt stay where they were in the living room :( And now I am having trouble bonding them again :(

I would leave them together and just keep a close eye on them :D I did bond Trip and Scarlett before she was spayed and they got on great, think they were together about 2 months before her spay :D

Awww - lucky you :D She can stay with him post-spay too, so long as he's gentle and not humping her or chasing her - best if you take him too when she's done, or she will smell of vets when she gets back and he may get cross. Sounds like the perfect match :p

Yay, cool :) That means Shadow can cause havoc at the vet hehe [they love him, he's so cheeky :)]

Back