• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny and stupid questions people ask you about rabbits

Crazyt123

Alpha Buck
Okey we all get them so post questions that are stupid or funny you get asked by non- bunny people

These two my frined asked me
"Do they lay eggs?"
"Do small bunnies hop?"
then after she said oh I thought onnly big bunnies hopped!

A friend came round once and saw pinecones in the runs and said 'I didnt know rabbits ate pinecones' I was like they dont eat them they play with them, and she kind of went oh I wondered why they were in there :roll:

Hello

My Dad doesn't really understand rabbits, I think he thinks they are like small dogs!

When he first asw Tinker doing a binky , he clapped his hands and said 'Naughty boy!', I explained that he was having fun lol. He also tried to give him a digestive buscuit & said couldn't I give him a smack when he nibbled the furniture:shock:

I always seem to be asked by non-rabbit people "Why keep rabbits?" which obviously i find odd, but also i've been asked whether they actually get tame :? :roll:

I always seem to be asked by non-rabbit people "Why keep rabbits?" which obviously i find odd, but also i've been asked whether they actually get tame :? :roll:

Yeh loads of people have said to me why do you bother, all they do is sit in a hutch and then you have to clean it out :roll:

I had some people round a couple of weeks ago and they were amazed at the bunnies though :lol: Beau was in the living room sleeping and I called him over for a kiss and then he went and used his litter tray and went back to sleep. They said they didnt realise they were so smart and were playing with the others ouside for ages :lol:

The most often and annoying question I get is 'Why do you have all these rabbits......it's not like they DO anything!':roll: :evil: :evil:

Then people always ask me why there are toys in with them since they 'don't play'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:? I think SOMEONE should tell the BUNNIES that they don't play......because THEY don't seem to realise it!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

The kids next door once asked me if Zakura was a hare:shock:
Thought that's not the weirdest question I've heard.
I attend to an agriculuture school and sometimes we have "open house" and there I hear a lot of strange question about all the animals:roll:

I remember one case we had some rabbits out so the kids could cuddle them, and a french lop male got together with a lop dwarf female and tried to hump her,the kids said he tried to kill her:shock: (Don't worry, she was "rescued" before he managed to find the right direction to mate her from, so we didn't get any giant babies on her)

A lot of people (espesially kids) call three of our rexes "dalmation-rabbit" as they have dalmatian markings, that's not the worst though, some people can't tell one animal from another:p
One day our guinea pigs were apparetly called rabbits, they've also been called hamsters.
Some called our hamsters mice, the degu rats (I correct that almost every dayXD) and according to my friends someone had called the chinchillas hedgehogs:shock: Anyone who's seen (or touched) a chinchilla should know they're not hedgies:lol:

Oh yeah, some rabbit people once asked me why I had a stuffed animal in Sasuke's cage:roll: I guess that is kind of weird... but we were away from home and I thought he should have something familiar with him.

Usually I get asked why I spend so much on them at the vets wehn I could just buy another one. This is a probably the reason why so many rabbits are badly treated.

I remember one case we had some rabbits out so the kids could cuddle them, and a french lop male got together with a lop dwarf female and tried to hump her,the kids said he tried to kill her
That's hillarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

We found out that my Ma-outlaw had told my OH's brother that she wasen't sure about staying with us now that we had a rabbit, she said " how can I relax with the rabbit jumping up and down all day"

Needless to say, Bertie isn't Zebedee, and she loves him :love:

The one I get asked the most: 'You keep rabbits in your house - don't they smell?'
And a new one 'do rabbits eat meat?'

Hmmm.....
:lol:

The one I get asked the most: 'You keep rabbits in your house - don't they smell?'
And a new one 'do rabbits eat meat?'

Hmmm.....
:lol:

when sam was indoors, i had someone decline a dinner invite because of the rabbit.....what did tehy think?that she did her droppings in the kitchen or something?????she's litter trained!!!!i wonder if they'd of decline dif it was a dog i had, or a cat?????:?

when sam was indoors, i had someone decline a dinner invite because of the rabbit.....what did tehy think?that she did her droppings in the kitchen or something?????she's litter trained!!!!i wonder if they'd of decline dif it was a dog i had, or a cat?????:?

I think it's better having a rabbit in the kitchen on the floor than a cat that climbs all over the work tops.

people don't realise that rabbits don't actually smell. They're not rodents so they don't have that horrid poo stink...

xx

people don't realise that rabbits don't actually smell. They're not rodents so they don't have that horrid poo stink...

xx

What? and rodents do?
I have a hamster and she doesn't smell at all, (cept when in heat:roll: ) also never noticed anything from the guniea pigs, chinchillas or degu at school.
My dog's pooh smells worse than the hamster or the rabbit's:roll:

Back