• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Big Step For Bertie!

March Hare

Warren Veteran
I am so happy right now, I am nearly in tears! This may not seem like much to some of you, but to me it is SUCH a big thing! As you know, I am fostering two little boys for Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue for bunnyrun......they are two of twelve that were dumped at the rescue, and they have been neglected and were scared, extremely nervous, and hid in a corner in a pile out of panic whenever anyone approached them. Since these babies have been here, they are coming on in leaps and bounds, and are starting to calm down, become curious, and express an interest in 'normal bunny stuff'. Little Bertie and his brother have been doing VERY well, though Bertie is definately the braver of the two. He will now come up to me when I bring food, and put his nose up to be rubbed! But tonight when I gave them their supper, not only did Bertie approach me.......he stood on his hind legs, put his front feet on my hand to steady himself.......and properly licked my hand!!!!!:love: :love: I was SO touched by it, I was close to tears. (Despite my cynical husband saying, 'He's not actually kissing you......he's just tasting you before he sinks his teeth in!' :roll: ) But I know better, and it has really made me happy. So even though it might sound like no big deal, I just HAD to share!!!!!:D :D

Bertie
ABun16.jpg

Brave Bertie! Well done!

I'm not surprised you were in tears, its lovely when you finally gain the trust of a nervous bunny. Bertie is gorgeous too!

Gemma xx

Back