• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny questions

riddles44

New Kit
My wife and I just got a dwarf rabbit about two months ago and I have a few questions about his care. Hopefully someone can help me out.

First, he is constantly chewing on the carpet. ( he is an indoor bunny who is given time to range around the house for about an hour or two at a time) I already blocked off all electronic cables and things and gave him a box amd a cat house to play in, about eight chew toys including flavoured blocks, woven toys, wooden spoons, and a chew ball with a walnut inside it, but he still starts chewing on the side of the couch or the carpet beside his toys. What can I do differently?

Second, he is constantly licking between his back legs and it has become very red and somewhat painful looking. Is he just missing something in his diet? He eats alfalfa pellets from the pet store.

We also have three cats, one gets along very well with Mocha, the rabbit, and they play together. I know about cats but I could use some help with this rabbit. :oops: :(

Back