• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barney and his box.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Due to the heavy rain, and Barney sulking if he is not allowed to go and bounce around on the grass, he and I reached a compromise. He could go outside in his run, and I'd cut a cardboard box into a shelter for him. :) It seemed such a good idea, because even though I knew it'd eventually get soggy, it was quite thick cardboard so I thought it'd last a few days, and then I'd get a new one. I put him in the run, and ran upstairs to watch from the window... And found that, instead of hopping inside it, he was sitting on it. I went outside to explain this was defeating the purpose of the box... and as soon as I lifted the lid of the run, he hopped back up to our noses were touching. :rolleyes: After a bit, each time I went to say hello, he'd hop right onto the box, until I just had to get a picture. He's always had this 'I'm the king of the castle!' complex...

box_bunny.jpg

The box had started at the back of the run, under the sheltere part... but he pushed it to where the roof was mesh, and you could practically see the little cogs turning in his brain as he tried to plot an escape... He's an imp. But I love him. ^-^;

My previous two bunnies were certainly never stupid. But Barney seems to use his brain for behaving in a mischief-based way. Last night I had three different dreams, all involving him having escaped from his run. :rolleyes:

He's safetly locked in his hutch - believe me, it was the first thing I checked this morning. In each dream he was further and further from the run, and harder to catch...

Back