• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooty and Tara

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Hmmm when these two first arrived, Soots was a little nervous of me and was only lunging a bit and then running off cause i wouldn't move my hands. Tara is lovely and loves a good tickle but Soots wont let her most of the time. I put them down into the run last week and they figured how to get back up but havn't figured out how to get down themselves yet. Because of this they are both spending 90% of there time upstiars in the hutch unless i go out and put them in the run. Sootys lunging and growling and nipping seems to be getting worse!! Alot worse (sorry angie) He isn't picking on Tara so much but he is getting worse with me, like he's incredibly annoyed! i put my hand in the hutch thismorning to move the food bowl and he really went for me, teeth barred boxing and a huge growl, Im actually quite worried about him, he has started to moult and i don't think not getting out into the run is doing him any good! Now When i go out Tara comes to thr front of the hutch and has a tickle and is extremly sweet, so her nervousness ahs definatly improved and she isn't tolertaing Sootys bullying as much either, she will actually chase him back when he starts, could Sootys annoyance and obvious fear of me come down to a) me not being frightened of him and not moveing out of his way and b) Tara becomming more independant of him??? Im very confused about him just now. Michelle who had fostered Sooty and Tara for angie had done such a good job with him and now i feel he is loosing everything that he had gained after arriving here??? :? :(

ahhhhh ...this sounds like typical sooty behaviour to me :?

When he first came back here he was quite subdued but after a couple of weeks he seemed to gain confidence and get stroppy . when we paired him with Tara ...the same thing ...subdued for a couple of weeks, then back to being a little b****er.
When he went to our fosterer ...again ..subdued for first couple of weeks ...then wham back to normal.Although i have to say once he got used to her he did mellow.

so perhaps the first 2 weeks with you were the same ....now you meet the real grumpy soots :? :? :?

i think he is probably weighing up what he can get away with phil ....and perhaps he might be better once hes worked out the ramp into his run :?

i do hope he settles . ill feel awful if he bites you :oops:

ahhhhh ...this sounds like typical sooty behaviour to me :?

When he first came back here he was quite subdued but after a couple of weeks he seemed to gain confidence and get stroppy . when we paired him with Tara ...the same thing ...subdued for a couple of weeks, then back to being a little b****er.
When he went to our fosterer ...again ..subdued for first couple of weeks ...then wham back to normal.Although i have to say once he got used to her he did mellow.

so perhaps the first 2 weeks with you were the same ....now you meet the real grumpy soots :? :? :?

i think he is probably weighing up what he can get away with phil ....and perhaps he might be better once hes worked out the ramp into his run :?

i do hope he settles . ill feel awful if he bites you :oops:

Angie don't you feel bad for anything!!! I love him to bits and if he does get me (which he wont) then i will just have a nice bruse!!! Im just glad that this seems to be normal for him, i was thinking when he first arrived that ''oh he's alright a bit of lunging but nothing major'' well this morning he ment it! I had to move my hand fast!! I will work with him though, As i say Tara has really settled in, she adorable and she always comes to the door for tickles now, i also think she does this cause Soots wont come to the door. I will do some work with him on Sunday when i can give him and only him a couple of hours in the pen with me, i think i will take a leaf out of angies book and do it dressed for an arctic winter :lol: :lol: :lol: I also think i will have to keep putting the pair of them in there run myslef until they figure it out proper, all the others have and are up and down like yo-yos and sots and tara figured how to get back but they can't get down again!!

you can probably see what put most people off him :roll: :roll: :roll:

naughty boy :no:

Aww it's in no way put me off him :D I love him!! But i can see why others were maybe a little careful LOL he wotn be doing it for long angie don't worry, now i know that this is fairly normal for him i can stop worrying that something has upset him and get him to be nice! :lol:

Back