• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do Houserabbits adapt to Holiday Boarding

Missy

Warren Scout
Hello

I was wondering how you all board your house bunnies when you go on holiday?

My sister used to move in to our house when we went away but that's not possible anymore I've noticed most boarding establishments tend to board rabbits in outbuildings like a shed or garage I just wondered how house bunnies adapt to this (especially free range ones) do most tend to take it in their stride?
Do they cope ok in the winter months when it's colder?

Does anyone know of places that board housebunnies in their actual house?

Deb

There are some boarding facilities who do take house rabbits indoors or in heated sheds. Look at Greenfields, Little Warren and Doedroppin. I know there is another one in Aylesbury, but I cannot remember their name.

Silly me, all of these rescues are in the South and you obviously want something up by you. Which airport were you thinking of flying out of?

Last edited:
I have quite a few house buns that board with me and they adapt really well, mind you I do have heating. I have one house bun that comes and when he first came I put him in the house but he prefered to be where he could see all the other buns. He as been coming to me for the last 5yrs so it doesn't bother him.

I board housebuns in my own house but I also have owners request they stay in the shed and run for 'a change' and they all settle absolutely fine :D

the one in Ayelsbury is rabbit ritz rescue - the one I use..!! and I cannot recommend her *karen* enough...
she keeps them in the garage, and leaves the light on for them *i think* - cant remember if its heated in there - but my girly bun was fine there and she was a house bun.
Places specifically for rabbits will do their best - and I think rabbits cope fine.

There are some boarding facilities who do take house rabbits indoors or in heated sheds. Look at Greenfields, Little Warren and Doedroppin. I know there is another one in Aylesbury, but I cannot remember there name.

Silly me, all of these rescues are in the South and you obviously want something up by you. Which airport were you thinking of flying out of?

Hi

It's usually Liverpool or Manchester airport we fly from.
I'm just thinking ahead and being prepared at the moment for if I get any new bunnies. Thanks

I have quite a few house buns that board with me and they adapt really well, mind you I do have heating. I have one house bun that comes and when he first came I put him in the house but he prefered to be where he could see all the other buns. He as been coming to me for the last 5yrs so it doesn't bother him.

Hi Kayj

Thats good to know what kind of set up do you have for boarding?
Would you board bunnies in your house if the owner paid extra or the buns got stressed?
My previous boy bunny used to stop eating if his environment changed:(
made holiday times quite stressful.
I've seen quite a few posts mentioning Bunnyhops do a lot of members board buns with you.
Thanks
Deb

Hi Leanne & Snowflakes Mummy

Thanks for replying it's good to know the buns don't seem affected by the change in their environment.
It would seem it's the Bunny Mummy who seems to worry most the buns sound like they don't mind.

I'm afraid I can't offer much input here, as my eldest daughter comes to my house to look after my buns whilst I'm away!

All of mine are housebunnies but they have all been boarded outside at one time or another.

I have to say that they all love it so much that i feel guilty about taking them home :D

Rabbits are suprisingly adaptable. My little Gus is a complete wimp and his health has never been great. The first time he went to bunny boarding he went indoors but she had him out during the day. He enjoyed it so much that the next time, I requested he went outside instead.

Rabbit Sitter - Manchester (Rabbit looked after in our home)

Hi

I'm Jan, I've decided to start a small business caring for house rabbits. I lost my rabbit, Phoebe, of 8 years back in October. Following a substantial grieving period(!), I'm now looking to take care of other house rabbits in a safe environment for owners going on holiday or business or during other personal situations which make caring for your house rabbit difficult.

If you are interested in using our services please don't hestitate to contact me to arrange to come and view our home and the environment in which your pet would be looked after. I am an experienced carer and work from home so am around to provide care at all times (...except when I go on holiday of course!).

To ensure your pet receives the best care and accommodation, I am only able to take 2-3 rabbits at any one time.

Cheers
Jan
07815 137 563

a few members on here have used me & and I am sure they will all tell you the absolute truth about me. I have LoopyLops & Loobie Lou's buns with me at the moment.

We've had house buns boarding with us before and they have all adapted really well to outdoor boarding and love it outside in the run. If the weather is too bad for them to go in the run, I usually bring them indoors for cuddles of an evening and free run of the lounge.

Hello

Sorry I'm very late with my reply I've been away for a week but just wanted to say thank you to you all for the feedback regarding holiday boarding, it's good to know that there are good boarding facilities available and it sounds like the house bunnies adapt quite well.
It is something I have been worrying about for when I adopt more buns.

Thanks

Back