• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly things you've said to your rabbit

Rosie Rabbit

Mama Doe
I came back in from a check up at the dentist earlier and found myself saying to Rosie, "Hello sweetheart, mummy's been for a dental" :oops:

If my hubby's been for a haircut, he'll tell Rosie he's been for a 'fur trim' - and sometimes he tells her he's off to the 'pellet shop' (Tesco)

OMG how sad do I sound? Can't believe I'm going to post this :oops: :oops: :oops:

So what daft things do you say to your bunnies?

Oh jeez.......I say stuff like that ALL of the time!!!!!:oops: :oops: :oops:

I also talk to my buns in ridiculous silly voices and call them soppy nonsense names like 'Didders' and 'Bubbies'!!!!!:oops: :oops: :lol:

Every morning I greet Timmy with, 'Hellooooooooooooooo, sweetikins......how is Mummy's little man this morning???':oops:

The rest of the family don't half take the mickey out of me when they overhear me!!!!!:roll: :lol:

I always ask them if they are hungry before I feed them :roll: I say oh are you a hungry bunny, would you like me to feed you....

My mum laughed at me the other day and said are you expecting them to answer :lol:

And when I leave for work I always tell them I will be back in 5 minutes and wont stop thinking about them, and my brother usually shouts she is lying she will be gone all day :roll:

Yup, it's the things I come out with which make me wonder if I'm losing the plot sometimes ... :lol:

I sometimes forget that some people might find the fact that I talk with my Buns to be odd. I always tell the Buns where I am going when I go out. At night I go round to every pen and say 'night night, see you in the morning' to everybun. At veggie time I say 'so what would you like tonight Buns'?

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Ok, I'll go put my straight jacket on and take my medication now

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Janex

This is so funny!! The pellet shop!!! :) I'm just always singing to my bunnies and telling them what I am doing.

I talk to mine all the time, my neighbours think i am mad:lol: One of my neighbours is a little bit deaf and pops his head over the fence when im talking to my rabbits, cos he thinks im talking to him, quite funny when i'm saying 'lets check you bum bum then':lol:

My dad has been quite taken with my buns - when he got home, it was raining, and he asked me 'Have you covered my mates up?'

:lol:

apart from asking if they want some hay oh and ive run out so they had the last of it tonight oh and the male rats are right by my com;puter so ive just told them mummys got some chicken in the oven just for them lol:oops: :oops: :oops:

Marlon's taken to being territorial in his cage and been grunting and charging at me occasionally (charming!) He managed to bite my finger the other day so as I was leaving for work I went up to him and 'you're a very naughty bunster and while I'm gone I want you to think about what you've done!' :oops: The o/h thought it was hilarious!!

I'm always chatting away to him like he knows what I'm saying! I thought it was normal??!! :oops: :lol:

I chat away to mine. My Dad often tells them they're going to the vets if they've been naughty. Or chats to Molly about how horrible Faline is. (She's a bit naughty)

I greet my Barney every morning for his snuggle with, 'Hello Baybeeeeee! How are you this morning?' The worst part is, my neighbours are often out in their garden and so can hear me saying this. :oops: But it's okay, they all know I'm besotted with my rabbit. My mum refers to him as 'little man' quite often... And my dad got quite attached, but instead of calling him Barney, he tends to call him 'my mate Dutch', because Barney is a Dutch rabbit... Hm. Sometimes I wonder if I spend too much time with my rabbit... He and I have silent conversations quite a bit, too.

Ooooh, I do the bedtime 'Good Nite' rounds, too!!! 'Nite nite, sweetie pies....Mummy will see you in the morning.....sweet bunny dreams!!!':oops: :oops: My daughter caught me waving out the window to Squishy yesterday when he was running around on the patio......she said, 'Ummm......did you just WAVE to that rabbit?!?':oops: :oops:

It wasn't until I read this thread that I really stopped to think what a constant running dialogue I keep up with them all day!!!!!:lol: :lol:

I don't care what other people think, though.......I LOVE them!!!!! :love: :love:

I wont even start.... i think everything i say to Pringle is daft/silly. He gets so excited though :D x

I find it impossible to talk to my babies, sorry Bunnies, in a proper voice its always baby voice/talk!:oops: :lol: They're just tooo cute!! I chatter away to them all day long. In the morning they always wake me up - Annie or Beatrix (or both:shock: ) doing long runs up to me and stopping just front of my face so I wake up nose to nose to a rabbit!!:shock: :lol: :lol:

I always do night time routine of cleaning trays, grooming, chaning bowls and more hay. Then of course the night time veg or fruit nibbley-wibbley. Then kisses and cuddles....:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: I've noticed lately that during the night Beatrix comes up to snuggle next to my feet! Bizzare!! I didn't notice at first until a couple of times I moved and felt her hop off to the side in disgust!!:lol: I always say "sorry baby beaty beatrix bun":oops:

I always talk to Worm and Audrey...telling them I love them, asking if they need a drink or food and usually lecturing Audrey about some chewing activity :lol:

I talk to them all the time, OH often thinks I'm talking to him and I'm like 'I'm talking to the buns not you!' However I have caught him talking to them sometimes too:lol: When they're naughty we say ' stop it or you will be moving into the garden' and they're like 'yeah right you couldn't do that to us we're too sweet, ha' :lol:

Back