• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a 3

TripleD

Warren Scout
Hello.

Yes another bonding post!!

I have recently got another addition to the family - Little Freddie! He is a lionhead lop and is mega cute. He is not neutered at the moment and is 11 weeks old.

I already have 2 bunnie's Sparky and Jezebel who are a happy couple, although Jeze defo wears the trousers!! they have both been neutered and are around 2-3 years old.

Am planning to have them all together in there new hutch, carrot cottage ( see link below! ) but am worried about introducing freddie. Sparky is really laid back and mega chill with the still, where as jeze is more firery and moody. I have put freddie in a run next to theirs so they can see each other and freddie keeps looking at them, sparky just looks then lays down and does really look bothered where as jeze scrables and trys to get to freddie through the mesh. Then realises she can't get him and runs after sparky and growls and nips him as if to take her frustration out on him. Then lays down next to him and licks him.

I don't want them to complelty fall out and be un bonded just by introducing freddie. Am worried that freddie won't beable to stick up for himself as he is loads smaller than her, she is a dwarf lop by the way but is quite big for her breed. Also don't want one of them getting hurt. Am not worried really with freddie and sparky getting on as both are calm and placid. Its just jeze.

What should i do? HELP!!!!

Honestly I would wait until he has grown and matured enough to be neutered and then consider bonding once his hormones have died down.

I have a 2:1 male female trio and bonding was much easier than I expected....Fiver turned into a total wimp and went into hiding leaving marley and scout to make friends.

However many people experience problems introducing a third rabbit....it can often cause the existing pair to fight so has to be done slowly and carefully in neutral territory with lots of space and hiding places.

Incidently I tried to introduce a fourth rabbit to my trio and all hell broke loose :roll:

Well put them all in the hallway last night.

First just sparky and freddie the brought jezebel in. Was all ok sort of. Sparky had a little sniff the just hopped off and freddie did about the same, then started cleaning sparky which was nice. Jezebel just came and sniffed then ran off. After a while she became a little more inquizative and wanted more of a sniff then tried humping him chasing him. Think that she gave him a little nip but didn't hurt him. Then she just ran off and sat in the corner. He went all quiet and just sat at the oposite end of the hall to her. So managed to escape a majour fight.

Put sparky and jezebel back in their hutch and freddie back in his and thought that would try again tonight for a bit longer. Don't want to just leave freddie in with the other two and jezebel hurt him in the night.

No offence but you asked for advice - Sooz22 gave you some good - and you ignored it anyway? Bonding really needs to be done all in one go not, meeting and splitting repetitively and they may get on now while your baby bun is sweet and innocent but what happens when his hormones kick in? Like Sooz said, the best way is to wait til he's been neutered and recovered and then introduce them, it has the potential of saving a lot of heartache for you and damagae to your buns.

Back