• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

breeds?

kimd6200

Banned
hya is anyone good with rabbit breds?as ive mentioned before my friend is getting a flemish giant.shes managed to find someone who breeds them.this is ok,just want to know can you get a flemish giant in black and white?he says he has one but ive never seen one before n my friend does want to pay alot of money it not to be a true flemish.shes built an 8ft hutch run type of thing.this is big enough aint it?xxxx

AFAIK the only official colour for flemish is steel (dark grey), I think the have a few more colours in the US. They're all solid colours though not patterned so no black & white.

Standards are just what's set for showing tho so someone could create something different.

You friend needs to be careful tho, giant buns can have issues if not breed responsibly.

I don't know, if he's built up the line and they're health then unless she wants to show I don't suppose it makes much difference.

Flemish Giants only come in Steel grey.

The only patterned variety of Giant in the Uk is the Giant Papillion, all of the others only come in solid colours.

Have a look at this site, has photos of all the varieties of Giants, their breed standards, lists the colours they come in and has loads of useful info. Perhaps your friend could even offering a home to one of their rescues instead?

http://www.giantrabbitrescue.co.uk/

Has giantrabbitrescue started re-homing outside of their area then? We were desperate 2 years ago for a giant and they wouldn't consider us because they couldn't homecheck us.

Neil

god arent they gorgeous!going send them an email but if they have to do home checked then she wouldnt be able get one cuz of living in stoke on trent.neil and maria you are so lucky!:D xxx

Back