• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits won't come out

touie

Wise Old Thumper
are all your rabbits really keen to get out in the garden to play or do you have lazy ones? I opened the shed up for Splodge and Sugarplum bout half an hour ago, looked in the garden couldn't see them so i popped out to see where they were and they were both stretched out sound asleep again in the shed :roll: So I shut the door and let caramel out instead!!! Caramel and Twinkle are always out in a second :lol:

If for any reason Barney is unable to be taken out to his run for a good few hours - and he expects to have over 5 hours a day - then he does, and will, sulk. I've never had a rabbit like him. He practically jumps into my arms, or shuffles himself into an easy-to-pick-up ball, then perches himself so he is looking over my shoulder, or cuddles beneath my neck... When he catches sight of the run, he gets very excited and usually goes all licky. Usually he just nuzzles into my neck and licks there, but he's recently gotten very carried away and licked all up the side of my face, too. And when he's in the run, he binkies all over the place. He's so amusing to watch, and he loves an audience.

I've had to make him cardboard 'shelters' recently due to the weather. In the past, with other rabbits, I'd have brought them in when it rains, but Barney wants to stay out. Unless it absolutely throws it down - he hates that - then he's content to sit in his cardboard box and watch it. :)

awww he sounds like a right sweetie :love: I just throw plastic sheets over my runs weighed down with plant pots when the weathers nasty!

Evo is a lot more lazy now he has his new big cage, maybe he just doesn't feel the need to come out as much??

Faline will usually come out, but Molly is very set in his ways and will only come out when he feels like it. Sometimes he is very content just to stay in his crate.

snowey only comes out if i clean the hutch and today she got out of the run and was winding bailey up in the shed poor sod wasent happy

My trio sit at the door of their run waiting to get back in when they have free run of the garden:roll:

Archie leaps out in a second, barging straight through anything that stands in the way like a bull in a china shop :lol:

My 4 girls are like this - I give them an hour but after 10 mins they all go and sit in the shed again for a grooming/snoozing session :)

We live in a flat & have a good size balcony. I got one of those bamboo screen things to put around the edge & stop him being a kamaze bunny, put a litter tray out there, and he loves it. He'll spend most of the day out there. He has a tunnel to run in and hide when the squirrels come to eat ( he's a bit of a woos when it comes to any other animals).
He's going on holiday soon to an outdoor hutch & run, I don't think he'll want to come home!

Back