• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

things to give to a rescue

madysmummy

Mama Doe
i want to take some stuff along with me to the rescue when i pick up moses button, was thinking hay, and some pellets ( i know what they use) but what else ? i've already given an amount of money for moses himself and buying a bigger cage off them as well, but wanted to bring some other bits along with me. or is hard cash better ??? :lol:

What about some little treats for the other buns? I know cash is good but I tend to be more soppy than that, I imagine a rescue's priority is naturally food, vets etc. So buying something specific as well as donating means the buns get a little luxury as well as well cared for. :lol:

you don't give pellet because the pellet use for their rabbit may not be the same brand. As you know, the rabbits will have upset stomach if they eat a different brand all of a sudden

trats toys posh hay bin bags cleaning stuff ect if you want to go down that root

i think the cash would be used for running costs vet billls overheads ect

you don't give pellet because the pellet use for their rabbit may not be the same brand. As you know, the rabbits will have upset stomach if they eat a different brand all of a sudden

A lot have Rescues have to have a selection in though, for changing over newcomers;)

a big box of veg goes down well;) I take a box upto Tracy at Christmas, I grab one of those crate cardboard boxes in asda and fill it, you would be amazed at what 20 quid gets you and it gives the rescue owner a breather from buying veg and fruit for a week;)

I most appreciate cash :D then I can buy what I need or use it to pay vets bills :D however a bunch of flowers always puts smile on someone face :D and makes them feel special :p

I think cash is useful as rescues often buy in bulk or get discount so can get more for the money than you may be able to :)

I know what you mean... I'm sure cash is most practical, but I'm like you... I would prob buy a few toys or chewables - luxury things that may not be a priority for the rescue. But that's just me - those who run rescues may know best what's most appreciated!

I find any type of pellet useful, many rabbits come in having been fed different dry foods, having different ones on the shelf means you can then wean them instead of having to wean them over. Unfortunately this aspect is something that many pet owners who are bringing in rabbits fail to consider and the majority of rabbits brought in have 'just run out' of the food they wre having.

Money is always good (I donate to my local rescue monthly by direct debit, a warm glow and I don't need to move). However, I would maybe take over veg because rescues need loads!

I think I would probably take a mixed box. Some fresh herbs, veggies, bags of pellets, hay, willow toys, panacur and perhaps some water bottles. Practical but also a few luxury items :D

Back