• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay argument

theresa

Warren Veteran
my daughter is 27 and been around my rabbits, now her own all her life. the other day she went to her usual suppliers to stock up. brought her hay , straw , and mix. made a joke about how much hay she gets through weekly. the nasty:censored: . made a horrid coment about if she fed the buns more mix, she wouldnt have her rabbits eating the hay. and its just for bedding. my poor daughter was enraged with anger. but not the type to have a go came home to me in a terrible state. i cut these rabbits claws they are glossy, well fed happy buns. she was convinced that she was doing some-thing wrong. thank god i calmed her down and told her what a good job her and her oh do. shes looked after my lot many time and have always come back happy. what if a novice had gone there , and now stopped feeding hay. needless to say my daughters not going back there. but i might soon as im fit enough. :(

Sounds like she should write to the shop armed with lots of evidence to prove them wrong.

its the harm she,s causing to those who go to these , for feeding advice. ive a feeling its all about selling exspensive mixes. if people use less hay i figure shes totting up how much more mix she,ll sell. as it is shes only selling half sacks for as much as i pay per whole sack. shes losing out though cause i direct every-one to my suppliers.:lol:

Unfortunately for some reason it seems a lot of people are thinking that way - hence a lot of threads regarding this :?
tis hard though trying to drum it through peoples skulls that yes rabbits do need hay to eat! - got to keep trying I guess.... Hope you get somewhere with them when you are better

Back