• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

O-m-f-g !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-U/D 6th July

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Well I dont know if anyone remembers my post a few weeks back about my neighbours obtaining 2 Buns for their 18 month old daughter.........

This afternoon I was getting some hay in and neighbour comes up to me and says 'at what age can Rabbits become fertile'................:roll:
I said sometimes as early as 12 weeks of age. I then asked why, did he think his two Rabbits may be of different gender. He says 'Oh, we have THREE Rabbits but we dont know what sex they are'........:roll:

So off we go to check and this is what we have in a THREE FOOT HUTCH WITH NOT A SCRAP OF HAY IN SIGHT AND SOLID FAECES AS BEDDING.....:evil: :cry: :evil: :

1 x 5 month old Plums down Buck
1x 5 month old Doe- not able to palpate anything obvious in uterus
1x 5 month old MATTED AND POO COVERED CASHMERE Doe- Obviously VERY pregnant....:cry: :evil: :evil:

So, neighbour says 'Oh, so how many MONTHS before babies arrive. I said make that days......................
Then he says 'Well she'll only have one or two wont she'......
I said she may have 8-10..............

He then says 'I'll lock the Buck in the top bit of the hutch then ( a 2ft square box) A BIT :censored: LATE NOW :evil: :evil:

I tried to explain the dire welfare circumstances of his daughters Rabbits and he just kept saying 'they'll be fine'.........

I then said what will you do with the babies and he said 'We can get rid of them to friends'

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

WHAT THE :censored: CAN I DO ??????????????????????

Janex

Last edited:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: yet another example of how lowly bunnies are thought of... we really have to address the education issue

Awww no Jane :cry: - steal them and pretend you are all innocent! - by the time hes seenn all the bunnies he probably wont remember which ones are his and then you can not be done for anything :lol:
But on a serious note - I would consider getting the rspca involved... and are you able to sneak in and feed them hay ? - I would at least try that.

I remember you posting about them :cry: Those poor buns :cry:

Does anyone know if its actually illegal to keep three rabbits in a hutch that size or anything? Three foot and two foot boxes are what the people near me are keeping their bunnies in and seeing the size of them with three rabbits squashed in I would have thought that would be against the law?

Awww no Jane :cry: - steal them and pretend you are all innocent! - by the time hes seenn all the bunnies he probably wont remember which ones are his and then you can not be done for anything :lol:
But on a serious note - I would consider getting the rspca involved... and are you able to sneak in and feed them hay ? - I would at least try that.

I TOLD him to feed them hay and gave him half a bale of mine. I said his Rabbits were SUFFERING and he just said 'they are fine' :evil: :evil:

So, like he'd be fine being :censored: senseless by a rampant Buck and having nothing but poo to sit on :evil: :evil:

I think I have to call the RSPCA but will they actually do anything..................I have yet to have a 'good' experience with said organisation..............

Janex

Well I'm sure you'd like to slowly roast the 'owner' over an open fire (I would too)!

Could the RSPCA do anything? I know they're a bit useless but is it worth a try?

Those poor rabbits though.

Poor wee bunnies ESPECIALLY the Cashie :(

Its so sad as she's only a youngster :cry: The Buck's not a Cashmere so do you think all her babies will be Cashies? If so and they go to equally inept people then............:cry: :cry: :cry:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am so angry!! I gave them loads of info' re Rabbit care when I heard they were obtaining them. Seems they never bothered to read it

:evil: :evil:

Janex

Well, may I suggest kidnapping the owner, stuffing him in a small box full of his own :censored: , and not feeding him................

then in a few week's time we'll ask him how HE is and see if he says 'Fine.' :censored: :censored: :censored:

Cant you offer to take them for him as i hate to think what will happen to them :cry:. Cant you also give him a lecture about keeping rabbits and their needs? explain they need neutered etc? and they CANNOT live in that wee hutch with NO STRAW:censored: oh some people make me so mad!!

oh and id phone RSPCA :evil: x

Whilst like you Jane I don't hold out much hope with the RSPCA actually doing anything, I do think that many people are not actually aware of this. With the promotions at the moment of people abusing their animals being held accountable for it it, a visit from said organisation may scare them into listening and actually doing something about their rabbits situations. Worth a try?

OMG! I guess you could try the RSPCA it cant hurt to. Could you offer to take the cashie? What on earth will they do in that size hutch with a load of babies?! :shock: :shock: :shock: I don't know what else you can do other than report them and/or try and convince them to let you take them? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Whilst like you Jane I don't hold out much hope with the RSPCA actually doing anything, I do think that many people are not actually aware of this. With the promotions at the moment of people abusing their animals being held accountable for it it, a visit from said organisation may scare them into listening and actually doing something about their rabbits situations. Worth a try?

I agree. Hopefully if they turn up it will at least scare them into being more responsible caring pet owners or handing them over to a rescue so that they can go to better homes. Poor things. :cry:

Jane if you can persuade this man to give up the cashmere, I can sort out her poo'y bum, I can make room for her somewhere. I know what jobs I was put on this planet to do :lol:

Could you print off the stuff from the RSPCA website about the new animal welfare bill, point out how it's not being met etc. It might scare them into changing or giving them up.

Back