• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Short term fostering query

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Hey all,

I'm posting this as I am very much interested in helping rescues by fostering a rabbit or 2, guinea pig or 2 or any other small animals on a short term basis - either to recuperate from injury/illness, or just to prepare them for their forever home (help with the handling, etc).

Problem is is that there aren't that many rescues in Liverpool and I've contacted them before, but with no replies. I know it's unlikely that rescues would want to do runs for short term fostering, but I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

Lou x

Theres a situation coming up soon in the North West where short term fosterers are needed - as in this post here

I'm sure the RWA would love to hear from you!!

Thank you for that :)

I sent my details to Tamsin about this, but as yet haven't heard anything.

I have like a hutch and an indoor rabbit cage just sitting - one in the yard, and one in the spare bedroom... just feel like I could be helping. I don't want to take on anymore on a permanent basis, as I've just settled my 2 and they're bonded.

x

You could contact them directly if you want to really help out - I just sent a text to the number in that post and I got a call last weekend.

Back