• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training nightmares?

Dustbunny

Warren Scout
I've been trying to litter-train Dustbunny for a couple of days, but all he does is
a) dig out the litter, then lift the litter-try and throw it, then chew holes in it:shock:
b) dig out all the litter in his NEW bigger and heavier litter tray, and wee somewhere else.

ugh!!! I put the tray in his hutch (takes up loads of room lol it's quite a large one) in his corner where he usually wees, but within 5 mins about 50% of the litter was out of the tray, and he never weed in it. And, I even scooped some of his old litter (I used to just put it in the corner w/out a tray) and mixed it in with the new stuff so he'd get the idea! (and i put hay in as well)

I'm out to check now and see if there was any progress last night, or if I need to buy another bag of litter :(

*update*

Just checked... we have some wee!!!! :D :D

unfortunately,though, last night we lost much of our kitty litter to the depths of the cage :cry: :cry:

Any ideas on how to keep the kitty litter IN the litter tray??

thanks!

You could try a cat litter tray - the ones that have lids? They look a bit like a carrying box but they'd keep all the litter inside at least. As for the litter training - I'm in no position to help as I've got an unruly one too!! :lol:

Back