• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my 4 buns

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Ok so we want to eventually bond my 4 being 2 girls and 2 boys now. Oldst Buttons has been neuterd 8 weeks, Casper my parents will get neuterd the back end of this month and i will ge both girls done next month when they are 6 months.

I was just wonderig what the best way to bond them is, should i bond Buttons with the girls first and then when Casper has been done and left 6 weeks try bonding him into the group or bond Buttons and Casper together leave them as a pair for a couple of months and then bond the boy pair with the girl pair.

Buttons and casper have met numerous times, sniffing ach other through the mesh and seem friendly towards each other and my vet seems to think once both neuterd they would most likely be fine.

I'm hoping they will b a group by atleast winter so there in the girls hucth being the warmest and dryest ad bigget to.

Sorry if the post is abit jumbled, i've never bonded buns o thought i'd ask opinions on here about the best way.

Yes it's a large home built mini shed my dad built with a permanent run on to, also big enough for all 4. We built it cos none of the hutches in shopswhere big enough for 4 anyway.

Thanks for the advice i'll wait till the other 3 are neuterd and bond them altogether on neuteral territory:)

Here is where they'll be living,

DSCF0161-1.jpg

It's got windows on now for light and the door can be opened with removable mesh on the front during the day for fresh air. They will have permanant acess to a run which will be on slabs. Upstairs is where they sleep and downstairs has all there toys and stuff like a built in run:)

It doesn't look as big as it is o the pic but you have to climb inside to clea the back corners cos you ca't reach it outside.

Last edited:
i agree with everyone else to bond them all at the same time :D if you have problems with bonding them theres a few rescues who wont mind helping. good luck with the bonding!

Yea i'm going to wait and bond them together. My parents are getting Casper neutered at the end of this month and i'm getting the girls done next month, i'm going to see about getting the girls done together if not i'll get one done one week and the other the next. I don't have a spare recovery hutch either so i'll ahve to block the ladder off and keep the in the upstairs section for rest:)

It's mainl bonding casper and Buttons being 2 boys i'm more worriedabout but my vet sees to think it won't be to uch of a problem seeing as they meet each other between mesh alot when Casper scapes his hucth and they sniff each other and seem fine.

My dads been showing me his plans for the new run, it's going to be huge and about 5ft high so i can just walk in to clean, i think itwas going to be 12ft by 8ft takes up 1/2 our garden, lol:D

:shock: :shock: :shock: wow at the sounds of that run! wouldnt even fit in my garden lol i cant fit a run any biggger the 6ftx4ftx4ft lol sounds like your buns are going to be spoilt ;) im sure the bonding will be fine i think the only time you may have a problem is if you try binding two bucks and a doe together because the bucks fight over the doe lol

oh but i have 2 does and 2 bucks i'm trying to bond:shock: lets hope there not much problems, lol.

It would ahve been bigger but my mams washing lines get in the way, lol. But my dad said it's going to like like a huge aviary so i can walk in and clean rather thn bend down i a small one.

Need to save the money together first cos it aint cheap to build this, need paving slabs, mesh and wood, 2 girls and a boy to be neutered. This is going to cost quite abit i reckon:roll:

Back