• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spike at the Vets *halleujah*

luvabun

Warren Veteran
He's having his front teeth out for the second time and I will be a basket case all day worrying about my boy.
To recap his story for those that don't know it.... a tenant moved out of a house and when the landlord went in, there were 80 bunnies there, all in a really bad state :cry: :cry: :censored: There were open wounds from fights and flies/maggots from all the faeces :cry: . some had to be pts straightaway as they were so bad, the surviving ones have major genetic problems, mainly respiratory and teeth related
Spike had his wonky front teeth removed but they've grown back. His Vet has warned me that there's always a risk of losing a bun under anaesthetic (around 1 in a 1000) but for these bunnies the risk is greater and is probably more like 1 in 5-100
Spike now needs his front teeth burring evry 3-4 weeks and the Vet is impressed with his condition *proud Mum moment :oops: *. As he feels Spikes condition is well enough to cope, we're going for the second removal and he can check the back teeth as well whilst he's under GA.

So major vibes needed, pretty please

Last edited:
Aww! I know what you mean! I'm always a bag of nerves when ever my animals are sick and need to be put under... No one can get any sense out of me, or much conversation at all really...

Lots of vibes sent your & Spike's way.

He's OK!!!!!
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

they did him quite late so I can't pick him up till 4.30 but he's OK ..YAY!!!!

2.gif
2.gif

I guess I'm just a bit happy now

Great news! Just one thing.... 'he had his teeth removed and they grew back'????? I didnt realise this was possible, crikey!:shock:

Great news! Just one thing.... 'he had his teeth removed and they grew back'????? I didnt realise this was possible, crikey!:shock:
Neither did I.... it was a total shock. However my Vet is confident that they won't grow back yet again as he's never known that happen.

Spike is now on my knee as I type this..he's still a bit spacey after the GA. I've to make sure he eats and that may mean syringe feeding him recovery later.... I hate doing that.. I'l try soft balls first and hope he takes them.

Vets tomorrow evening for his post op.

He says thanks for all the well wishes

Spike you make sure you eat a bit tonight so as your poor stressed Mum can stop worrying about you so much. Oh, and do TRY not to grow any new Incisors this time!!

Janex

Spike you make sure you eat a bit tonight so as your poor stressed Mum can stop worrying about you so much. Oh, and do TRY not to grow any new Incisors this time!!

Janex
Thanks Auntie Jane :wave:

he's drank some water and has access to pellets ,water and liquid recovery... how long should I give him to try and eat on his own:?

So pleased Spike went through his op OK and hope he continues recovering and will be binkying about in no time :D

update 6th July... Spike was fine yesterday but whilst I've been at work, he hasn't eaten a single thing or done a single poo :cry: :cry: So we're back from the Vets where he was given metaclop and syringe fed. I'm really, really nervous of syringe feeding after Siouxsie chin died in my hand as I was syringe feeding her :cry: :cry: :cry: yes I know she was 15 years old and poorly but I can't get over that :cry:

Please send eating vibes to my very special bunster

Back