• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noises

drboo

Mama Doe
I haven't really been aware of any noises jack has made before, but tonight I have heard 3 different ones. He did a little grunt when I was brushing him, probably when I was too rough for his liking. He then made grunting noises when he was eating his celery - this was a different sound to earlier. At the moment, he is laid next to my feet, and I can hear his teeth grinding or chattering!! Can anyone tell me what all this means please?

Marlon grunts at me when he's had enough of being brushed! It's kind of 'ok gerrof me now!' I think teeth chattering tends to be 'I happy!' but I know there's another kind which can mean problems with their teeth (I think this is more deliberate and loud, I sure some of the others people on here can be a bit more descriptive!) By the sounds of it your bunny is just relaxing! Not sure about grunting while eating, he's probably just enjoying his food!

I'm sure some of the other members will be along shortly with some more info!

if you go onto my website, their is a page there called bunny talk and it lists all the different noises and moves a rabbit will make and what they mean. once you have read it, you will be able to have conversations with your bunny!! lol

Back