• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DIY run??

Dustbunny

Warren Scout
Was wondering if anyone had any DIY rabbit run plans... I've looked at runs online but the shipping on them all is outrageous and figured it would be cheaper to make my own.

HOWEVER, does it make sense to get a run??? Unfortunately, I only have a front garden, and though it is secure with a 1' thick wall separating it from the footpath+ street, i'm obviously always supervising them. When i'm going on vacation, my neighbour looks after him, but she doesn't feel comfortable taking him out there. So for that reason alone I am really considering this.

ideas? suggestions?

I've seen sellers on ebay selling plans. I've just been in the process of building my own, but I don't think my plans are 'workable'. They come from my limited knowledge of doing design and technology at GCSE level. :lol:

Whereabouts in the UK are you Dustbunny? We make runs and if you are close enough would be happy to do you a free delivery.

I've seen some runs in the pet stores with absolutely ridicuolus prices.
Heck I went and bought some garden fencing the other day (or not exactly fences...they're for...gardening stuff that's neither in my vocabulary or dictionary) for about 250 NOK (around 30 Euro) and then I went to a pet store and saw a run that was about the same size if not smaller, for 1500 NOK (182 euro):shock: Whoa....
Perhaps one draw-back with my garden-fences is that the wires are too far apart for baby bunnies to stay in there, but mine are both fully grown so I survive at the moment:wave:

My run is 7 X 4, and has cost about £35. The weld mesh is most expensive and hurts and I hate it! :evil: I've pretty much finished now, just gotta attach one more bit of mesh, the padlock and treat the wood. It was pre treated but is made from roofing batons so some of them have writing on them. :lol:

I must admit my Dad's helped a bit with some of the tough screws.

Back