• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor 2 Storey rabbit cage

Claris

Young Bun
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get a 2 storey indoor rabbit cage? it is for my two rabbits. I can only find single storey ones and i don't think they would be big enough for 2!

Also my rabbit keeps getting diarhorea (the proper liquid stuff), she ha shad wormer and antibiotics from the vet and no veg - just a hay and pellet diet too. But to no avail!

any ideas or advice greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

How long ago was she treated by the vets? Is she still not eating veg? It can take a long time for their stomach to settle again, and sometimes they just can never tolerate veg when they've been like this. Is she getting a fair share of the food or does the other rabbit eat it all? My bunny Maa had strange, liquidy poos when she was really skinny and starving - I upped the pellets for her and she got better and now eats double what the other rabbits have. However, if you're talking about the sticky type poos, that's caused by too many pellets usually - I hate to say it, but what exactly does her poo look like? :oops:

Thanks for all your replies - really helpful and so prompt! never been on a forum before!

Well, she is fine every evening, but in the morning it is very dark and it weeps out if her. I usually wipe it off - she also looks a bit depressed and often sits in the corner. Not like her! i haven't changed the amount of pellets or hay given and nothing else in her life has changed.(except her hutch is next to a cage with a rabbit in whom i hope is shall bond)

She was on the antibiotics for a week (twice a day) and wormer paste for 10 days. All vets seem to say stop the green food, which i get fed up of hearing!!!!!!

I think you should start a new thread for her tummy problems as this one's really about cages and might get overlooked by people who know more about it than I do.

How long ago did her antibiotics and wormer finish? Which antibiotic did your vet give her? How many pellets a day does she have and when? What exactly are you feeding her? All these questions will help if you can bear with me :)

Have you used probiotics in the water whilst your rabbit was on antibiotics? If not a few days course in the water may help. If you can get any blackberry leaves feed a small handfull each day, that can help reduce problems.

I used probiotic when she came off the antibiotics, because i did'nt know about them until it was mentioned to me. It had no effect on her - good or bad, the problem just continued. I used it sprinkled on her food, once a day.

She finished wormer and antibiotics 2 weeks ago. She had the probiotic for a week. The antibiotic was Baytril oral. She has a good handful of pellets every evening, which she always finishes. She has a lot of proper hay from the farmer every morning, probably eats her own 'body size' worth every day. She has had no veg for a little while, since before we took her to the vets.

Thanks for your help

i was going to suggest a probiotic aswell. keep her on it for a while, added to her water. and i second the blackberry leaves too. i grow a large thornless variety in the garden for this very purpose and it has worked its magic on MANY occassions. it really does work. when one of mine gets the runs they are isolated and only fed hay, water & blackberry leaves and so far it has always worked.:thumb:
get her seen by the vet again soon if there is no improvement. if shes sitting around looking sad thats really not good.
good luck and let us know how she goes on x x

Back