• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Comments on This Accomodation Please

Lucky Boblets!!!:D I suppose it depends on how big they grow - they look like giant slippers at the mo!!;)

Lucky Boblets!!!:D I suppose it depends on how big they grow - they look like giant slippers at the mo!!;)

Hmmmmm, well according to the description you can add extra bits on and so I was thinking of maybe a 2nd 6ft run and double hutch :? :?

Janex

Hmmmmm, well according to the description you can add extra bits on and so I was thinking of maybe a 2nd 6ft run and double hutch :? :?

Janex

Wow!! I think its lovely and the fact you can have add-on parts is very practical! The Boblets have really landed on their paws with you Jane!:D

The hutches/run are 3' wide? You'd get more space with the happy hutch 6' run combo for the same price plus no need for a step ladder :lol:

If you're keeping them as a group though would it be better to put the cash towards a small shed and some panels for a run?

Looks like it'd give you a bad back moving it around for cleaning and to move it to fresh grass etc. - and with "summer" going the way it's predicted I think a shed would be easier for cleaning out!

Does it say anywhere how big the hutch parts are? You lose a lot of floor space with the ramps. And you also have to think how convenient the hutches are for cleaning. How about a shed with a run instead? There are 5 bunnies, if they all get along, right?

P.S.: I have a run from the same company and I am not too happy with the quality of the wood, hinges, etc.. The Happy Hutch Combo would need some DIY, too, though, especially sealant where the hutch sits on the run. I had water leaking into the hutch in heavy rain. And I would not recommend it for 5 bunnies, it's not big enough.

Last edited:
Hi Jane,

I agree with Tamsin, the hutches are quite small at only 3ft wide especially when they lose space with the ramps. I had a 6x4x2 run from this company. Unforunately part of the run broke and I tried lots of times to get the guy to send me parts to repair it but to no avail. I was probably just unlucky, but I thought I would let you know.

Depending on how much money/space you have Steph has a wonderful shed/run.

Tina

It's a similar style to the one my piggies have for when they stay indoors cos the weather's horrible - all the time just now :roll:

As Bavarian Bunny said, you seem to lose a lot of floor space with the ramp holes, which somehow seem bigger than in a lot of other hutches. We've built another "half-floor" above the hole, so we don't actually lose the space, but I guess you wouldn't want to do that (and the Boblets will probably grow too big to use it anyway). The pvc wire fronts and sides are good, but if you use water bottles you are limited in terms of the number of places you can put them both in terms of the height of the bottle and also where you fix the holder, because the gaps between wires are wide. One thing I really like about my boys' house though is the pvc floor, because the wee doesn't soak into it like it would into wood.

Hope that helps the lucky Boblets (and you of course!).

Thanks for all your comments. I am beginning to think a shed would be a better option. Can anyone lend me a man to do the erecti.......:oops: .. I mean 'putting up' of the shed :lol: :lol:

I have never had outdoor bunnies before so I'll be pestering yous all with lots more questions about the best accomodation!!

Janex :)

Thanks for all your comments. I am beginning to think a shed would be a better option. Can anyone lend me a man to do the erecti.......:oops: .. I mean 'putting up' of the shed :lol: :lol:

I have never had outdoor bunnies before so I'll be pestering yous all with lots more questions about the best accomodation!!

Hey why not ask Jeremy - he has a massive shed for his giant buns and even a camera in it! Maybe you could do "Boblet Watch" to raise funds for ARC!! ;) :D

Looks big, but I see the hutches have those black wire bars on that Tia's hutch has, and the pvc floor too. Now Tia's hutch is empty because I consider it to be too small for even guinea pigs - it's only 16" deep - and the floor is a nightmare to clean - all the wee soaks down the gap between the pvc and the walls. The wood, if it's like Tia's hutch, made in China, is extremely soft softwood - I mean you can crush it with your fingernail so teeth make very short work of it! The bars are screwed in between 2 frames, and a lot of dirt falls in between the frames. It was easy to build, and is well designed in some ways, but too shallow - Tia's hutch literally was a thin corridor next to the ramp hole, which runs the entire length of the hutch - and the bedroom was too small to fit anything but a nethie-sized litter tray in - 12"x9" tray will be too small for the boblets I imagine. Roofing is very poor too - leaks at the back where it's hinged.

I would definitely have a shed for a group - my girls have a patio chair and huge cardboard boxes in theirs, which they 'customise' (such neat round holes you'd think they had a toolset!) and of course lots of room for the HUGE litter trays (guinea pig cage bottoms) which they all like to pile into together :D

Sheds are also better because they are big enough to lock the bunnies in at night. They might get scared if they are in the run and a fox or cat comes for a visit.

Back