• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded 13 (JILL!! Alfie & Flint pics)

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
I know some people aren't so keen on the idea of big groups, but it's always been a fascination of mine:oops:

Anyway. I put mine together 16 days ago & I don't think they've noticed yet:? Bit of fluff between 2 predictable ones the first day, & some weird new friendships being formed (the tiniest lionhead being groomed by a French Lop X) but i think it's official I now have a bonded group of 13.

Obviously space is important, but they are now living in 2 rooms (one large, one small) with a couple of shelves/hutches/levels, a godzillion litter trays, & now a catflap to access outdoors. This is currently shut, unless I'm in, but new run has arrived & they will soon have permanent outdoor access:D .

Hoping 13 isn't an unlucky number:lol:

Last edited:
That sounds wonderful, do you have any photos of them all together? I thought the one of the large group the other week following the feeder was brill and since then I'm tempted to try my four together. Only Pippa and MJ are very very close so I don't know whether it'd be fair

That sounds wonderful, do you have any photos of them all together? I thought the one of the large group the other week following the feeder was brill and since then I'm tempted to try my four together. Only Pippa and MJ are very very close so I don't know whether it'd be fair

That was my main concern. I had 2 closely bonded couples & was a bit wary of upsetting them - especially Polly & Alfie. But watching Alfie laid on his side next to Joey & Smirnoff, & Polly, Rosie & Frenchie X Barley groom each other, I'm happy. Polly & Alfie are still the first to tear out of the room together when i open the doors, & the only ones allowed on the stairs:lol:

i have a few pics. Give me 5 mins

Thats brill.. two rooms for buns :shock: soon the bunnies will be taking over the whole house:lol:

Personally I love large groups but do appreciate people's arguments against them, I think you've done really well there, Angie :D !
It inspires me to take that plunge with our seven...:roll:

Neil

aww they are so lovely, your Polly and my Dexter are twin buns, they look so alike! (they are brother and sister for those of you who don't know) :D

Whats wrong with larger groups of rabbits??
Only asking as i have no clue so just wondered?

Back