• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Animal family...

Sox

Warren Scout
Thought id post pics of my pets including the newest addition Todd -

SOX - my first bunny, 8 weeks old

Photo-0042.jpg

MILLY - My dog who was 1 on 6th March

milly4.jpg

babymilly.jpg

MITZY - My 7 year old cat who we saved as she was dumped in a bin bag in bushes

Photo-0205.jpg

TIBBI - Hes a male cat, doesnt like to be indoors too much (so its hard getting pics of him)

Photo-0200.jpg

Photo-0202.jpg

And of course, the latest addition TODD, who we got off a little girl trying to get rid of him outside of shops :cry:

Photo-0065.jpg

Photo-0066.jpg

Photo-0064.jpg

I love this next picture :D

Photo-0067.jpg

So there we have my little animal family. :)

His ears are rather large, the little girl thought Dutch rabbit but obviously not :shock: but he is the most kind natured bun (at the moment anyway) hope he stays like this..

No, a dutch is like Colleen in my signature. How old is he because I'm looking thinking there's possibly some giant there :shock: !

Neil

He doesn't look like an aguti to me.... aren't they supposed to have white bellies? (all aguti rabbits I've met have that)
I think he looks kind a like what we in Norway call "Madagaskar", I think it's Tortishell in english. I'm not quite sure though, two of Zakura's brothers were tortishells and they remind me of Todd cept their markings were a bit more clear.

:shock: hmmmm im only just getting to grip with the rabbit world and i dont know if im liking the sound of 'giant' :lol: ??

Hes quite a bit bigger then Sox, will find out later how old the vets thinks he is.

Thanks Oscarbunny :D

Yeah he does look a bit like a baby giant... dont worry though! :D Do you have any clearer photographs of him?? I am sure someone on here will be able to tell you whether he has some giant in him or not... Look at Neils pic of Florence, now that is a giant! :D Oh and there are dutchies in my signature too, Oscar and The Benjamin, they have pretty distinctive markings you see.

Whats the best way to take a pic of a bun then so you can see them properly??
Will have to get some pics later though as hes sleeping at the mo, been running around with the dog too much :lol:

Sox,

Have a look about four threads down at Florence, BooBoo and Colleen...DINNER! The pictures are of 2 giants and a dutch. A giant can weigh in excess of 20 pounds and be 3 and a half feet long. A dutch is one of the smaller breeds at around 3 to 5 pounds.

Neil

:shock: :shock: :shock: the picture of florence and Colleen together oh WOW, Florence is a BIG bun huh!!!
Are bigger buns any harder to handle/live with?
What age do buns stop growing?

Thanks
Claire

Florence isn't that big by giant standards :shock: !
Their temperament is usually more laid back in my opinion. Most of the growth (skeletal) happens in the first 6 months but they'll carry on growing till 2 years old. The downside with giants is their lifespan, most say they have a shorter one than smaller rabbits on average :( .

Neil

Oh thats soo sad, He is alot more laid back than Sox is, a curious little fella to, also likes to be on his pack feet with his nose in the air....
I dont even think i would beable to get a picture of Sox and Todd nxt to each other just yet, might beable to get a video later on though..

We tried them in the bathroom together, Todd just freezes when Sox is sniffing him, if he stays still then Sox has a sniff then walks away but if Todd tries to sniff Sox then Sox goes mad and starts going for Todd, But even though Todd runs away when Sox starts on him, so he doesnt touch Sox, sox hair comes flying out in little fluffy bits?? why is that??

:shock: Florence not that big, she looks HUGE :lol:

Thanks
Claire

Yep, he's definitely agouti! Is it just me or does he have rather large ears?

Neil

Nope hes definately not an agouti! Agoutis have white bellies, he doesn't. Can't quite suss out what he is though, in some pics he looks SootyFawn (Madgascar/Torteshell) and in others he looks Steel. Any chance of some clearer piccies without the pink tint?

Yes, Walnut Earth, you're right he's not agouti, but more agouti colour than dutch type? What do you think on the giant assumption?

Neil

Thanks guys, hope its not too early to be busting your brains over this :lol:

Right im off out the back in natural light to get some better pictures of him. :D
be back shortly

Claire

Ooooooh Todd is gorgeous! He looks like an agouti in the top photo but not in the bottom (I LOVE agouti) and I agree, his ears do look a bit on the large side, but lovely!:love: :love:

:rolleyes: well that was fun, he was too busy running around so was hard getting some pictures but here goes anyway -

Photo-0076.jpg

Photo-0075.jpg

Photo-0074.jpg

Photo-0073.jpg

Photo-0071.jpg

Photo-0069.jpg

Photo-0068.jpg

Back