• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foster buns update

Jocelyn

Mama Doe
The 2 bunnies I'm fostering for bunnyrun seem to be a little more settled today :)

I have named them Chaos and Aether :)

Chaos is the bun with the maloccluded incisors, he's a lot braver than Aether! I have figured that he's still managing to eat pellets but he finds it hard to pick up hay :(

Aether is eating like a little piggy but is very very very nervous, though I sat with them last night not moving and he came to say hello albeit rather nervously!

We are booked into the vets tomorrow morning so Chaos can have his poor teeth sorted out. My vet is going to do this under sedation [though if his molars are bad too he may have to have to be admitted for a GA] so hopefully poor little Chaos will be able to have a proper feast tomorrow!!

I will post pictures of the handsome bunnies soon :)

I am SO pleased to hear that they are beginning to settle now!!!!!:D :D

These poor little buns, they really HAVE had a rough go of it. It is heartbreaking to see how completely and utterly terrified they all were.:cry: :cry: But they are showing such fantastic little personalities underneath it all that I really think they are going to be fantastic and friendly little buns!:love: :love: Their poor little feet are SO badly stained too, it looks kind of obvious that they must have come from filthy conditions.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks for the update.....it's GREAT to hear how the others are getting on.....you're doing a great job!!!!!:D :D

:wave: How are your 2 doing?

Yeah their feet are disgusting, makes me so angry!

They're both coming to the vet tomorrow, I'm going to get my vet to look at their feets because they both have stuff stuck to them - though I'm not sure if it's dirt or scabs so I don't want to touch it :( They're ok with me touching them though so fingers crossed it's just muck!

I think they'll definitely be amazing buns once they get over their nervousness!

My two are doing really well!!!!!:D :D They are eating well, no tummy upsets, and are much less skittish now. Binky is quite a bit more nervous than his brother, but he is making progress all the time!:D

After they are more settled, I am going to start on trying to get their feet cleaned up. They also had some muck stuck in their fur, especially on their tums and flanks, which I have managed to carefully remove.:evil:

It is GREAT to watch their little personalities emerge! After watching them behave as one mass unit with kind of a 'fight or flight' reflex, it is fantastic to see them becoming individuals!:love: :love:

Back