• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Myxi alert in Sutton Coldfield

Denny

Mama Doe
Sadly my sister saw it last week on the Canwell Estate:( :( so be careful Suttonians:( just hope it doesn't spread to the park as I was ogling over the babies in there last week whilst giving my daughter a driving lesson

I was amazed at how many buns were around the other Saturday when we were there (had gone for a meal at the carvery). We went for a walk afterwards and there were absolutely loads bounding around. We also saw a pure black one - a released pet maybe :(

I have seen loads of little black ones this year, think they may be crosses.

which carvery were you at? Parson & clerk, the four oaks or the one at boldmere gate that is a beef eater I think now:?

I have seen loads of little black ones this year, think they may be crosses.

which carvery were you at? Parson & clerk, the four oaks or the one at boldmere gate that is a beef eater I think now:?

The one actually inside the park - town gate entrance I think - it has the little play area there and you access the Donkey Sanctuary from there aswell

Sorry to hear that...

As for black rabbits, we have some wild ones around here and i always wondered if they were escaped pets or domestic x wild. Well they seem to cope well, i see more and more each spring/summer.

Sorry to hear that...

As for black rabbits, we have some wild ones around here and i always wondered if they were escaped pets or domestic x wild. Well they seem to cope well, i see more and more each spring/summer.

The black rabbits you are seeing or more than likely wild rabbits that are 'melanistic' and are pretty common throughout the country. It is basically the opposite of albinism. :shock:

A friend of mine stopped over on his way back south recently from the Orkney Islands and said he saw a black wild one there.

Neil

The one actually inside the park - town gate entrance I think - it has the little play area there and you access the Donkey Sanctuary from there aswell

arrhh the park house:D its supposed to be haunted you know;) they occassionally have physic nights there;)

The donkey santuary is lovely, they help disabled kids there with riding events:D I brought the wrong bail of hay once so decided to take my wrong one to the donkey santuary, be careful of their lovely dog though as he could obviously smell my buns on me, wasn't sure if he was going to eat me or hump me:shock: the lady had to come and get me as he was no small dog:lol: :lol: whippet or wirey haired greyhound:lol: :lol:

going back many years when my OH used to bike ride in there, he used to tell me about the bunnies and that they were not wild ones, he took me to where he was seeing them and sure enough, they were our domesticated lop buns, they wouldn't come to you though and seemed to like their freedom. It was then that I realised that people were letting them go in the park as there were no rescues around here except for the rspca. OH used to see the same ones week in week out. Sadly, there was a bad case of myxi about 3 years ago now, we had articles in the local papers as to what to do if you found one in your garden or found one actually in the park. The park has taken a long time to recover from it so it is nice to finally start to see them coming back. I just hope that the canwell myxi does not spread to the park again:( :(

Hi were in Sutton Coldfield. Used to got o the park walking sometimes 3 times a week Took an allotment on then and hadn't got the time.Not only that but we saw a dog get a rabbit one day and it shook me up, My poor hubbie had to put the poor thing out of his misery. Good job he was brought up in the country. There are too many irresponsible dog owners that use the park these days. I wouldn't recommend it for children. You have to watch where you walk all the time. I have 2 house rabbits and they are both vaccinated. Denny do you know of a reputable rabbit boarder in the Sutton Coldfield area. Or someone who sits in with them morning and night. Tall order I know but I want the best for them.

Hi were in Sutton Coldfield. Used to got o the park walking sometimes 3 times a week Took an allotment on then and hadn't got the time.Not only that but we saw a dog get a rabbit one day and it shook me up, My poor hubbie had to put the poor thing out of his misery. Good job he was brought up in the country. There are too many irresponsible dog owners that use the park these days. I wouldn't recommend it for children. You have to watch where you walk all the time. I have 2 house rabbits and they are both vaccinated. Denny do you know of a reputable rabbit boarder in the Sutton Coldfield area. Or someone who sits in with them morning and night. Tall order I know but I want the best for them.

Hi Shirlton:wave:

have to agree with you on the dog score, my mom does'nt take her dog in the park anymore as most other dogs think he is a rabbit and go for him:cry: he is a yorkie so I can see why they would mistake him for a wabbit:cry: :cry:

On the boarding score I dont know anyone over this way, the only one I know is Tracy in Rugby as that is where mine went to be bonded. I did see one in the bargain pages, it was in Tamworth but dont know how reputable they are:? Are you looking for boarding where you take them there or a house pet sitter?

Gosh I didn't know it was haunted.

We always have great meals there and we normally meet my Mom & Co there as its half way between us and them.

I think the Donkey Sanctuary have got their open day soon. I think its 4th Aug, but don't quote me on it. We try and go and the kids sponser a donkey between them. They had Rhodri Williams there once. He was there cos of his involvement with the animal programmes, but to me and my husband he will always be ... The Spanish Archer.

Gosh I didn't know it was haunted.

We always have great meals there and we normally meet my Mom & Co there as its half way between us and them.

I think the Donkey Sanctuary have got their open day soon. I think its 4th Aug, but don't quote me on it. We try and go and the kids sponser a donkey between them. They had Rhodri Williams there once. He was there cos of his involvement with the animal programmes, but to me and my husband he will always be ... The Spanish Archer.

well I am frequenting the park alot at the moment as I am giving my daughter driving lessons in there until I have the nerve (and the vallium) to take her on the roads:lol: :lol: :lol: if you see a black corsa grass hopping around the place, its me:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Shirlton:wave:

have to agree with you on the dog score, my mom does'nt take her dog in the park anymore as most other dogs think he is a rabbit and go for him:cry: he is a yorkie so I can see why they would mistake him for a wabbit:cry: :cry:

On the boarding score I dont know anyone over this way, the only one I know is Tracy in Rugby as that is where mine went to be bonded. I did see one in the bargain pages, it was in Tamworth but dont know how reputable they are:? Are you looking for boarding where you take them there or a house pet sitter?
I don't mind either as long as they are well looked after.

Back