• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice Needed - MooMoo Ear

BUBBLES

Mama Doe
As may know DooDoo and MooMoo have been split, due to the constant fighting, and also to allow MooMoo ear to heal, She had 2 scabs which were healing nicely...However as you can see from the pictures one of the scabs has come off to reveal a nice hole in ear. although the hole looks like its healed ok. Im just concerned what problem this could cause in the future. Im also concerned that if the other scabs falls off, it may have another hole...
Any advice/suggestion would be welcome..

2007_0701006.jpg

2007_0701008.jpg

She may always have a hole in her ear. As long as the edges of the wound are healed and the tissue looks healthy there should be no longterm problems.

Janex:)

She may always have a hole in her ear. As long as the edges of the wound are healed and the tissue looks healthy there should be no longterm problems.

Janex:)

thanks jane its all healthy i am just worried if she gets Her claw caught in the hole or something else

also i hope the other scab does not do the same thing, otherwise she will have 2 holes :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
My Archies ear was exactly the same when I got him, as he had fought with his brothers pre-neutering (of course).

It didn't cause him any trouble, except for getting hay through it which annoyed the life out of him!! :lol:

HOWEVER. If you are going to consider bonding this bunny again - you will have to be very careful. When I tried bonding Archie into a threesome, during a fight, another bun got a claw in the hole and ripped his ear through to the end. The ear is healed now - but he does look a bit more "rugged" poor chap.

Day to day it shouldn't cause MooMoo any trouble, just need to watch it.

My Archies ear was exactly the same when I got him, as he had fought with his brothers pre-neutering (of course).

It didn't cause him any trouble, except for getting hay through it which annoyed the life out of him!! :lol:

HOWEVER. If you are going to consider bonding this bunny again - you will have to be very careful. When I tried bonding Archie into a threesome, during a fight, another bun got a claw in the hole and ripped his ear through to the end. The ear is healed now - but he does look a bit more "rugged" poor chap.

Day to day it shouldn't cause MooMoo any trouble, just need to watch it.

Thanks for the info.....Does Archie's ear still have a hole in it. or did it all heal up?

We are going to bond MooMoo with another single male, I dont think they will be able to go back to the original threesome.

Hiya,
Archie now has a permanent tear in his ear from about 1" up, to the end of it. The vets said we could have had it sewn together, but I wasn't prepared to put him under a GA when it would heal perfectly fine alone(although a bit raggy). You can't really tell its ripped as the fur has grown back over and its no trouble for him at all.

Yep, if you are planning a bonding, just be careful theres no claws come flying her way!!

Back