• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An Update on Bobbie- 3rd July- More Improvement :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Oh my what a sad week we have had :cry: We lost all the Bobleteenies :cry:
Cal REALLY got to me :cry: :cry:
But now I look at Bobbie and I still believe we made the right decision not to leave the Bobleteenies with her. Although Bobbie's health is improving there is still a long way to go. Unfortunately her conjuntivitis has returned so she is back on treatment for that. She has regained use of her hind legs and now I am trying to get the urine scald, which occured as she was not able to stand to wee, under control. She was bedded on towels and I used Vaseline on her legs as a barrier but she constantly leaked and so her skin got sore :cry:
Now she can adopt the correct position to wee I am hoping the scald will heal. I keep the area clean and continue to use Vaseline as a barrier.
Bobbie's Cardiac Arrythmia is still present, but is less pronounced than when first detected. Bobbie still sounds a bit snuffly but her chest is clear and her nose is dry. She will not go back onto Depocillin for now.
I will speak with Christobel next week about Vaccinating Bobbie. If she were to get Myxi now it would kill me too :cry: But Bobbie may still not be well enough for vaccination.

Here are a few pics of Bobbie taken today

Her still present but improving urine scald

Picture868.jpg

Building up her hind leg muscles in the garden

Picture865.jpg

Bobbie is now able to get into a litter tray with the aid of a brick-step!!

Picture869.jpg

Janex

Last edited:
Jane, my heart goes out to you over loosing the bobbleteenies, I'm so pleased to hear that Bobbie is improving.

She looks like such a lovely rabbit - so gentle. Lots of healing vibes still going to her.

Ax

Oh Jane, my heart goes out to you, it really does. This has been a terrible week for you,:cry: but it really seems from todays piccies as though Bobby has improved and this must bring hope. Please take comfort from knowing you did your best for the Bobbleteenies, the Boblets are getting stronger every day and Bobby is improving (albeit in small steps). It really is a result against the odds and in no small part your intervention, dedication and commitment has meant these little buns get a happy ever after, they may never otherwise have got.Keep strong.

aaawww im glad she is improving. Doesnt she have enormous back feet :shock: :D I do hope her scald heals up real quick and she continues to put on weight. She has the best chance now than she ever had.. i doubt any of them would have survived if they hadnt been removed from that hell hole in the first place.
take care Jane!

Jane you are an inspiration. Have only just joined the forum after finding it a few weeks ago but been checking the website daily for your updates on bobbie, the boblets and the bobbleteenies. I too tried raising 6 little ones when their mummy died of frs when they were only three days old so know how hard it is. So glad bobbie is recovering and she looks so much better than she did.

Aw :love: :love: Bobbie.
There's definitely something about her in that garden pic. She looks like such a gentle soul.
I don't even know if I believe in this sort of thing myself :oops:but she has a look about her, in her eyes, like she's been here before, if you know what I mean. :?
Anyway, I hope she continues to improve, bless her, she's so beautiful x x x

What a sad saga this has been... but one with hope, as Bobbie is now improving. She has fight in her and I'm sure she'll eventually make a full recovery! How are the Boblets, Jane? And how are you?

AMETHYST

What a sad saga this has been... but one with hope, as Bobbie is now improving. She has fight in her and I'm sure she'll eventually make a full recovery! How are the Boblets, Jane? And how are you?

AMETHYST

The Boblets are doing OK. One of the girlies is very sneezy but we are holding off on the abx for now as she is not yet 6 weeks old. Her chest is clear so far.
I will post a proper update on them soon
As for me, well I must admit to being somewhat drained :oops: :cry:
Cal may have only been with me for 8 days but I developed such a special bond with him. I will NEVER forget that tiny Kit.............

Janex

Jane, what lovely photos. Her poor little legs, but love the one of her in your garden. I am so wishing her well and good health to comexx

oh jane shes looking so good
#

i know what a:censored: :censored: week you have had but take car eof your self and your lovley buns

Jane, I really don't know how you do it.
I'm really pleased to hear that Bobbie seems to be on the road to recovery and that the Boblets are doing well.
My daughter (9) has just seen a picture of Bobbie and I told her the story and she has had a good cry - not even the photos of the cheeky boblets could cheer her.
I hope you remember to look after yourself along the line...you must be drained - take care x

Jane,
you are such a strong person, I could never do what you ahev done.
you are such a dedicated bunny owner, your rabbits are lucky to have you. :D
I'm so glad Bobbie is on the road to recovery :)
That :censored: breeder desrves to rot in the ******* crappiest part of hell!!!!!!! why the hell would someone do that to such an innocent creature! they deserve better, tha ******* breeder is sucjh a ******* i hope he dies a slow and painful death!

Back