• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh

emilyarc

Warren Scout
I am thinking of buying carefresh for my bunnies litter trays. Would you recommend it?
Where is the cheapest place to get it? (on internet or can you get from supermakets?)
Is it safe? Does it matter it bunnies eat it?
thanks

it is a very good product.

you might be better going for megazorb though as its almost the same product but a lot cheaper.

There are loads of places on the web to buy Carefresh and Megazorb one of them is our site, otherwise carefesh should be in most pet shops.

if you do a search on here you will get a good idea what most ppl think of both megazorb and carefresh.

Megasorb usually comes in large bags and Carefresh in much smaller bags that is why there is such a price difference.

Megasorb is very good at absorbing the urine.

Carefresh is no worse than many of the other products if it is eaten. It is the clumping products which expand and stick together that are a problem and need to be avoided.

They're both good products as they are paper based - Megazorb comes in a huge sack, so you need somewhere to store that, but it's much cheaper. :)

my bun recently changed over to care fresh its excellent i am so pleased cleaned cage out yesterday was so easy no smells no mess excellent! cant say i have used megazorb so i am sticking with care fresh! my bun does not eat anything but hay and his food so i cant comment on what happens if any gets eaten!:wave:

Megazorb is excellent and I pay between £5.00-£5.50 per sack depending on which outlet I use. It is about a quarter of the price of carefresh, and is actually used for horse bedding and is brilliant at absorbtion..if it can deal with horse urine, it can deal with anything!:lol: Even buying online and paying postage it still works out a lot cheaper than carefresh.

Back