• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed Please.....

Sox

Warren Scout
We went today to go shopping, on our way to town there was a little girl who was about 9ish stood with a rabbit asking any passers by if they wanted him as if she didnt get rid of him her dad was going to chuck him in the River Mersey :cry: My other half went over and she asked him, we couldnt say no really, its pouring down with rain and the little girl was just stood there with the rabbit in her arms getting drenched, so we brought him home, he only looks a baby but we are taking him to the vets with us on Monday when Sox goes for her jabs.....

So the problem..............Sox and Todd are fighting, Its Sox that is starting the fights though, Todd will go over and sniff Sox then when he goes to hop away Sox attacks him??? Please any help on what we could do??

Thanks
Claire

is the the 2 buns in a nutral place ie some where where neather has been before try putting them in the bathroom

If one or both of them aren't neutered 2 males are likely to fight, so you'd need to keep them separate.
Also if you're introducing on Sox's territory he is protecting his territory from a newcomer.
Hopefully someone with more advice will answer soon.

What an incredibly vile thing to make a 9 year old do:evil:

1. to males unnneutered (and often neutered too) will fight so dont put them together and 2. You dont know this rabbits history and until he is vet checked I would quarantine him anyway especially if your bunny has not yet had his jabs!

Honestly - how does that teach a child to care for others animals included!

What a horrible thing to make her do.

They wont get on unless their both neutered as the others say and then only when introduced on neutral terrotory.

Even that said two males or two females wont often work.

I would get the newcomer vet checked and sexed and maybe get help from your local rescue if your pushed.

thank goodness you rescued this rabbit rather than someone wanting to chuck it to their dogs :shock: That poor child - I wish someone could rescue her :(

We know for definate that Todd is a male but arnt sure of the sex of my Sox, well until Monday anyway..

I couldnt just leave the girl with the rabbit, she looked soo upset, a friend from over the road has had rabbits for sometime and thinks that Todd is only about 9 weeks old :cry: what a sad sad situation, really hope we can get these on, would it help any if Todd was 'done?' (cant remember the word)
Would help if we knew the sex of Sox aswell :roll:

Todd is at the moment running around the lounge happily and is getting on well with the dog and using a litter tray, Sox is back in his hutch now.

If Sox is just a baby I'd keep them seperate anyway or he/she could get injured - you should wait till Sox is about 4 months old and at least one of them is neutered. And by the way if Sox turns out to be a girl, and you keep the boy, she can get pregnant about 4 months old I think - And even if he's been neutered it takes 8 WEEKS for his sperm count to go down - so you must keep them well apart during that time.

How is he settling in now? Bit of a shock for you to suddenly have 2! :)

It would help if they were both neutered, but they are a little young at the moment for that to happen. Until then, i would keep them separate. I did this with my two males, until they were neutered and then introduced them on neutral territory but on all occasions they just fought really bad. So they have girlfriends instead. There are people on here who have bonded males, lucyj has two males however, they were from the same litter and were brought up together. I think if they are from the same litter, there is a higher chance that they will bond. You can always try though... :D

Forgot to say, well done for taking him in. :D

Sorry didn't realise they were both babies - in that case they might make friends on neutral territory, somewhere neither of them has been before. But you will have to split them at 3 months if Sox is a girl anyway as he can't be neutered till around 5 months old, and she (if she is - complicated innit :rolleyes: ) can't be spayed till around 9 months, meanwhile he'll be fertile, even after his op.

If they turn out to both be boys definitely, you can bond them as they are both babies, on neutral territory, but when you get them both neutered (they are likely to fight otherwise) you must take them together to the vets.

Good luck :)

I introduced all my buns in the bath. Its a place which does not smell of them at all. They all love each other now!!

S8000316.jpg
:lol:

some really good ideas there guys thanks....
We might try bathroom/bath one tonight or tomorrow whenever the kids aint going to be around, its not Todd that starts it, its always Sox that starts the fight :roll:

great piccy btw they look close.
Claire

What an evil father to make his child go and do that, the poor little girl :(
At least the bunny has fallen on his feet:D

:?
What an evil father to make his child go and do that, the poor little girl :(
At least the bunny has fallen on his feet:D

I hope hes fallen on his feet, he really is a lovely bunny, will try and get some piccys on shortly, if he will sit still, the girl said she thinks hes a dutch??
I havent a clue about rabbit breeds so i will leave that to you lot when i get a pccy up :lol:

i just hope him and sox will get on in time so i can keep him :?

Claire

Back