• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im so excited!!! U/D SHE IS HERE!!!

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry, I just have to tell you all!!!
If all goes to plan, Vinnies new companion should be with us tomorrow!!!
I really can't wait!!!!!!!:D

Last edited:
Well all I know about her is that she is around 4 yrs and agouti and very very grumpy!!! I have not seen her yet:oops:
We have decided to call her Bessie though(the rescue don't know her previous name), whatever she looks like!:D
I will take pics tomorrow and post them for sure!

Vinnie will be so pleased to have another bun in the household instead of all the other four legs that aren't quite what he wants!:lol:

Im so excited U/D SHE IS HERE!!!!

Oh my she is gorgeous!!

A huge thank you :wave: to Amy for collecting and bringing Bessie down to me and also to Mandy for pointing me in the direction of Kirkby Rescue :D

I will upload a pic as soon as my temperamental pc allows me to!

Bessie is currently in the run getting used to her new surroundings, Vinnie is too busy in the bushes to notice :roll: Im sure once he has finished munching all the dandelions he will spot her :lol:

She is a lionhead cross, big girl - about 3.5 kg and agouti with some standard brown too. Very feisty and I see she will be a handful but she is also very sweet. I picked her up and she snuggled into me and did seem to enjoy the strokes but soon as you put her down she boxes you, but I sat in the run and she came over and sniffed me all over :lol: Im sure once she is spayed and bonded she will become much less defensive :D

Thanks again Amy and Mandy!!!

Awww yay! So glad you got her! :D

Thank you for adopting from Kirkby Leanne :D I hope Vinnie likes his new wifey and that she isn't too much of a handful :shock: :lol:

Well I just went outside to check on her and Vinnie was laying as close to the run wire as he could get (such a romeo!:lol: ) and she was hopping over having a sniff and then wandering off before returning, so I dropped them both a carrot on either side of the wire and she promptly layed down next to the wire and munched! I think its lust/love at first sight!:shock: :lol:

She is so gorgeous, I keep looking at her:oops: :lol:

Good to meet you yesterday Leanne :wave:

I finally got home at 6.30 pm :shock:

Bessies is a feisty little madam, but she's very pretty :love:

I'm surprised she weighs 3.5kg because she's tiny compared to most of mine.

Cheers for the booze ;)

Amy

:evil:
Good to meet you yesterday Leanne :wave:

I finally got home at 6.30 pm :shock:

Bessies is a feisty little madam, but she's very pretty :love:

I'm surprised she weighs 3.5kg because she's tiny compared to most of mine.

Cheers for the booze ;)

Amy

6.30?!?!?! Oh no! Was it security at the airport? What a mare!

Well Vinnie is 2.5 kg and she is MUCH heavier than him! So its a guess as I don't own scales :lol:

She has been boxing me a little but nothing too bad bless her, her and Vinnie are in love already! They are snuggled up against the wire again this morning! :love:

With regard to the photo's ive been trying to upload for about half an hour, my camera is very temperamental when it comes to giving me my pics!!!

Still haven't been able to upload pics Grrrrr! to the camera!!!

Just wanted to thank Mandy and Amy again for enabling me to take Bessie on.
She is such a sweetheart. Vinnie and she are getting along well through the wire, they are regularly chilling out next to each other...
I think bonding may commence next week, but i may spay her first and leave it a couple of weeks. Haven't decided yet.

She is very fear aggressive and has screamed twice on being picked up (gently) and it broke my heart to think that she was so terrified. Who knows how she was handled, if at all, prior to coming to Kirkby :(
She grunts and lunges and once in your arms attempts to bite if held for long but she runs over to sniff me through the wire when she sees me so its not all bad and she loves being in the run! Ive even stroked her for very short periods on occasion without her being too stressed and almost enjoying it.

I am handfeeding her all her veggies and little titbits of herbs which hopefully will show her that hands mean happy things :D

Thanks again guys!!!!

Still haven't been able to upload pics Grrrrr! to the camera!!!

Just wanted to thank Mandy and Amy again for enabling me to take Bessie on.
She is such a sweetheart. Vinnie and she are getting along well through the wire, they are regularly chilling out next to each other...
I think bonding may commence next week, but i may spay her first and leave it a couple of weeks. Haven't decided yet.

She is very fear aggressive and has screamed twice on being picked up (gently) and it broke my heart to think that she was so terrified. Who knows how she was handled, if at all, prior to coming to Kirkby :(
She grunts and lunges and once in your arms attempts to bite if held for long but she runs over to sniff me through the wire when she sees me so its not all bad and she loves being in the run! Ive even stroked her for very short periods on occasion without her being too stressed and almost enjoying it.

I am handfeeding her all her veggies and little titbits of herbs which hopefully will show her that hands mean happy things :D

Thanks again guys!!!!

Aw bless her, it sounds like she's coming round already with your wonderful care! Do you know how long she'd been at Kirkby? A long long time I expect :( and just think she may never have found a forever home if it wasn't for you because not everyone is willing to give difficult bunns a chance. I'm so glad she found such a fab home, thank you :D xx

I'll tell Celia how she's doing next time I see her.

Back