• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silky needs a friend

lucycat

Warren Scout
I have a conundrum. My rex girl silky misses her dylan badly, as badly as me!

But Im not sure what to do. My heart says heinz 57 rescue boy for her but I would dearly love another big snuggly thug. But, Dylan was always ill within 2 weeks of moving in with me he had mites, a week later an ear infection for 3 weeks, then skin myxi, more mites 6 months after, then had an overeaction to a hutch cleaning spray (silky was fine) then snuffles he then managed a year and a half before getting EC. I do not ever want to go through all that worry and heartache again and so I am thinking pedigree bunnies are not the way to go.

I have a 2mx2m summerhouse on legs with the underneath made into a run and a ramp leading down. I have wondered about a french lop but am concerned with a full time job and a dog whether I am able to give a big bunny enough attention and maybe I should get a rabbit silky likes; size irrelevant.

moving them indoors is out. Tried it with Dylan he thought littertrays were optional and silky chewed through two computer modems and wrecked a futon and a carpet. And now I have a cocker spaniel who likes to chase little rabbits (ok with big ones though).

Whats best? Any ideas?

i would look at both recue centres and getting a pedigree from a breeder or shop, i think it all depends on the bunny, i think when you see the right bunny you will just know and hopefully he will be happy and not get ill:wave:

There are so many on rabbit rehome, all shapes and sizes! Im sure if you trawl through the hundreds on there you will fall for one of the gorgeous boys :D

Their housing sounds cool by the way! If they are to live together I wouldn't worry about not spending enough time with them as they will have each other!

If you want something big I would go for a french lop (unless you think one would overwhelm Silky!!! :D) they are gorgeous buns I'm speaking from just a pet owners view not a technical person (if buns can ever be technical!!! :? :lol:) Good luck with finding her a friend

Esther x

P.S do you definately want another boy?

If you want something big I would go for a french lop (unless you think one would overwhelm Silky!!! ) they are gorgeous buns I'm speaking from just a pet owners view not a technical person (if buns can ever be technical!!! ) Good luck with finding her a friend

Esther x

P.S do you definately want another boy?

Silky is very timid but managed to live with Dylan a 5kg thug (not quite as big as a frenchie but almost there) I think their love was one way rather a lot (she loved him he tolerated her and he enjoyed the head licking benefits). I just assumed a boy would mean they would get on rather than fight.

Back