• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter trays- what to use

Don't use clay or any clump forming litter, if the buns eat it it can cause a blockage and possibly kill them. I use shredded recycled paper and wood based litter for some and others just like paper and hay/straw in their trays. Some clean hay nearby so they can eat and ablute!:lol: at the same time.

i wouldent in case bunny decideds to eat it but thats just me the wood bassed cat litter is fine i use cardboard squires in my itter trays

i line madys litter tray with kitchen roll and newspaper and then put hay on top ! change daily - works and cheap too !

I use wood based cat litter, usually beauticat, don't have any problems with it, the bunnies have hay seperately, but drag it into the litter tray for a munch whilst they wee :lol: :lol:

I use wood shavings from wilkonsons,with a layer of hay on top and haven't had any problems. Though I am always worried about the type off wood shavings your not suppost to use, how can you tell if its the bad type?

I put kitchen towel on the bottom, dust free sawdust, then a layer of the bedding from the prev. week which I keep for litter. Bit of hay on & herbs on top.

I use wooden cat pelleted litter in litter trays, then a layer of hay on the top. Squidgy also has some carefresh on top of his, as he doesn't like the pelleted litter :roll: For the bigger bunnies, I use a storage box for their litter tray, otherwise they pee over the side, and it's big enough for them both to sit in.

No to clay litter, as Maizy says.

I use Tesco premium paper based cat litter, £2.89 for 10 litres. Much lighter to carry than the wood/clay ones too!

Emily

I use hay in my trays, sometimes I put a small amount of wood shavings or some carefresh or even shredded paper in the bottom if I have any I am trying to use up. It saves wasting them.

i find the wood based best but have tried the paper based ones too. Didnt like megazorb TBH but I think thats coz I had a big rabbit who liked to eat and drink. General advice is avoid the clay stuff and rabbits do like to munch at one end whilst the other end is active. I use mixing bowls in their quarters and position it near the front of their tray but its really up to you. I found sawdust too messy and just hay not absorbent enough. But I think thats personal preference too

I have a layer of carefresh, then two sheets of newspapaera dn then hay on top :lol: they like to eat and poop at the smae time :roll:

Back