• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not pooing in a litter tray.

Kylie541

Warren Veteran
How do make a baby bun poo in a litter tray? He wee wees in there but poo's everywhere. I should add that he is only 9 weeks and I am probably expecting too much to soon especially as I only had him for a day.

He is still young, and as he gets older he will probably get better at is, especially after he has been neutered. Its brilliant that he is weeing in it :thumb:!.

For now, if you just put any stray poos back in the litter tray, he should soon get the idea that the litter tray is for pooing in. Also, put some hay in there, as buns like to munch as they poo. Good luck. :D

Ok I added some shredded paper and hay to his tray, placed his hay feeder right next to his tray and he is now pooing in it. Not all the time but it's better than he was. I keep telling him what a good boy he is ..... I am so proud of him

Pick up the pooh and put it in the tray, then show him it. In the wild they only pooh in one place, so when he realises that this is the place, he'll go there on auto.
He may be a bit young tho!

He is getting the idea. Well today I have only had to do one extra lot of pooper scooping. Now I just have to master out of the cage.:D

Back