• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re Supporting your local rescues *HELP*

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
Phill is currently compiling a list of all rescues in the UK. We are thinking of doing a standard letter to them all AFTER we have compiled alist of all forum members who are willing to go to local rescues to their homes to help out with buns to see what sort of response we get here 1st to know which areas of the country we can help. As Phill has found there are hundreds of rescues so if we do not collectively feel this is a worthwhile thing to do then its a lot of work to do for nothing kinda thing.

So can we please have your views to avoid Phill wasting her time if we dont have much interest as she is going to be taking up alot of her time to do this project :D

**THIS IS A HAND COUNT WHO CAN HELP IN WHICH AREA, PLEASE POST TO THIS THREAD IF YOU CAN HELP**

Last edited:
I help at Kirkby nottingham when I can, but I would help elsewhere if you were having a big volunteer day or somefink :)

The propsed letter will be something like

dear ........

we have found your rescue information online and see that youi take in a rehome rabbits. We are a community of rabbit lovers and are writting to you to offer some useful information. there are these following websites ..... (which ever ones we decide) and we also have a of nationwide volunteers who are knowledgeable with rabbits and have offered various services. These volunteers details are held by (me if thats ok with everyone). If any rescue would like the help offered by these volunteers please e-mail (me again) and we shall pass there contact details to you.

Equally if you feel you would not require any help please fell free to visit the websites listed above and we thank you for your time.

With thanks

blah blah blah

or something to that effect.

I am propsoing to keep a database of all rescues who take in rabbits divided into area, and the rescue contact details, and another list of people willing to volunteer whatever they can to rescues within there area, and there contact details, contact details of volunteers only to be passed to the rescues if they request it. That way rescues which do not wish to have help don't get it, some may say this is unfair on the buns but we cannot force what people do not want.

If you agree that this would be useful please let me know and equally if you can lend your time in anyway please PM me your name address location a contact number and how you can help.
Cheer peeps!

p.s i think im nuts

Last edited:
I wouldn't be able to become a regular helper - but as a one-off day thing, no probs. I can do 100 mile radius (that's local to me ok!!!)

I would love to volunteer in the staffordshire area but to be honest finding someone who wants help is actually quite difficult.

I would love to volunteer in the staffordshire area but to be honest finding someone who wants help is actually quite difficult.

Have you tried Midlands pet welfare they have a divission in stafford?

Last edited:

I would never turn down help!! :lol:

I have one person who volunteers for me occasionally, it is great to have someone to chat to while we work :lol:
:D :D :D

RR & the RWA already have a list of rescues, rather than compiling it again why not just ask for a copy?

Also most rescues don't have email - you'll need to give them a phone number contact and wriiten information not websites. Also they'll assume you take rabbits and pass your number on. I still get calls from all over the UK from a letter I sent out 2 years ago :shock:

There are approx 400 rescues taking rabbits in the UK.

Tam

RR & the RWA already have a list of rescues, rather than compiling it again why not just ask for a copy?

Also most rescues don't have email - you'll need to give them a phone number contact and wriiten information not websites. Also they'll assume you take rabbits and pass your number on. I still get calls from all over the UK from a letter I sent out 2 years ago :shock:

There are approx 400 rescues taking rabbits in the UK.

Tam

Can we have a list please, I think I may have to book a day off work and I'll split it with Phill and help her do it. OMG 400 rescues, well there is going to be one nearly local to everyone
:lol:

The RWA have the most complete list as RR only has rescues who have given permission to have their details online. If you email the RWA you'll probably get Anne - she has the list.

If you're going to spend the cash on postage it might be worth having a think about what other info to send out. E.g. could stick another survey form in and get an updated rescue/rabbit count. Copies of the RWA leaflets & an order form.

Tam

The RWA have the most complete list as RR only has rescues who have given permission to have their details online. If you email the RWA you'll probably get Anne - she has the list.

If you're going to spend the cash on postage it might be worth having a think about what other info to send out. E.g. could stick another survey form in and get an updated rescue/rabbit count. Copies of the RWA leaflets & an order form.

Tam

Actually that's a really good idea, do you need any surveys doing at the moment?

Back