• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning?? Grass??

Sox

Warren Scout
Hi all,
I have a large backyard, we jet wash and clean it regulary as the we have a dog but Sox loves to run about out there, just wondered what i should be washing the yard with as i dont want anything that will hurt any of my animals?? I was just wondering as the summer is coming in and i have been told that rabbits/hutches can start to smell in the heat? Sox hutch is in a part of the yard that gets no sun (apart from sunrise) i have always just used the jetwash to do the backyard and wondered if i will need to use something else in the corner where Sox is in case it starts smelling?

And.......

Grass....As i only have a yard i dont want Sox to miss out on grass as i have read that they need grass in their diet, so is it a case of pick grass or is there something i can buy so she can have a grass corner??

Sorry for the dunce questions but its always the silly little things that get me.. :rolleyes:

Thanks
Claire

If you clean out your rabbit often, the hutch won't smell. You can buy animal safe disinfectant in most pet shops to use too.

As for grass, you could grow your own in little pots. I do when the grass is a bit sparse in my run.

You can buy dried grass from PAH. I know its not the same as them nibbling the garden but mine go wild for it x x

We have a concrete back yard and grow sunflower plants during the summer. You can buy bags of sunflower seeds cheaply in pet supply places, they grow quickly and the rabbits love them!

Neil

Back