• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local RSPCA

JellyBelly

Mama Doe
Following on from my donation thread i'm actually shocked to see that my local RSPCA don't neuter their female rabbits or the guinea pigs.
Now don't get me wrong i'm not having a go but surely by not neutering there is a possibility that an animal could be bred from (accidental or otherwise) in it's new home.
My local RSPCA receives no funding from their HQ which i think is disgusting.
What makes the RSPCA HQ decide which centre receives funding and which ones dont? :cry:

Following on from my donation thread i'm actually shocked to see that my local RSPCA don't neuter their female rabbits or the guinea pigs.
Now don't get me wrong i'm not having a go but surely by not neutering there is a possibility that an animal could be bred from (accidental or otherwise) in it's new home.
My local RSPCA receives no funding from their HQ which i think is disgusting.
What makes the RSPCA HQ decide which centre receives funding and which ones dont? :cry:

I don't think that any of them do... please correct me if I'm wrong though :?
from what I can tell, they are not standardised (like eg Blue Cross), so they act as separate rescue centres, doing their own fundraising etc.

I believe that lots of the RSPCA branches are run by individuals who choose to do so and then get the RSPCA name on them - but set their own policies, etc. so ones that don't get funding are obviously going to struggle to neuter and vaccinate. Don't know how the RSPCA pick who to fund though

Newcastle get no funding either...the cheif executive didnt even know where Newcastle was when interviewed about it 'thats scotland right?':roll: :evil:

Newcastle dont neuter pigs, they do neuter bunnies or issue vouchers but sometimes the years money for bunnies runs out too early and then they have to stop...I think its so unfair.

I know somebody who got an unneutered female CAT from the RSPCA. :shock:

Obviously, as soon as they let her out of the house she got pregnant :roll:

What happens to the money that is raised by people donating monthly etc?
If the RSPCA choose to put their name to independant rescues then surely they should share the money raised across the board?
I may be missing the point entirely but independant rescues (Jill Honeybunny for example) raise their own funds eniterely. If these 'RSPCA' centres are doing the same then what is the ponit in them being RSPCA centres when they get nothing from the RSPCA?

Back